Google had shut down Google Play Music and rebranded Play Music as YouTube Music. It is a relatively new music player that connects you to more than 70 million songs. Despite making it available for different platforms, Google has launched YouTube Music for Apple Watch as well. Now, users can listen to music wherever they go. Google has also added a new feature to Apple Watch called a complication. Like Amazon Music on Apple Watch, the users can control the music they play on the Watch Face itself. So the user doesn’t have to open the application every time to change the playlist. If you know how to install and use YouTube Music on Apple Watch, you will experience personalized music listening.
Highlights of YouTube Music
There are lots of features you will get with YouTube Music which are as follows.
- It includes live performances, remixes, covers, and more.
- You will find curated playlists available in different genres and activities.
- It lets you create playlists, or you can get playlists with song suggestions.
- With the song lyrics, you can sing along to your favorite songs.
- The library is organized with playlists, liked songs, and tracks from artists you follow.
YouTube Music Subscription Plans & Pricing
While YouTube Music is available for free of cost, it includes ads. If you want an ad-free music listening experience, you shall get YouTube Music Premium. In addition, it includes background listening and downloading YouTube Music on Apple Watch for offline access.
- YouTube Music costs $12.99
- YouTube Premium is priced at $15.99
- Music Family costs $19.99
- Premium Family is priced at $22.99
Besides, YouTube Music offers a 30-day free trial for those new users.
How to Download YouTube Music on Apple Watch
The below section is all you need to follow to install YouTube Music on your watchOS directly.
1. Unlock your Apple Watch and find the App Store icon to click on it.
2. When it opens, you need to click on the Search field.
3. Enter the app name as YouTube Music to search for using Scribble or Dictation.
4. When the search result appears, tap on the YouTube Music app.
5. Click the Get button to download the app on Apple Watch.
6. Once done, select Open to launch YouTube Music app on your watchOS.
How to Install YouTube Music on your Apple Watch
It can sync YouTube Music from your iPhone to your Apple Watch. The steps below will help you with the same. Make sure to carry out the below process from the Apple Watch paired with your iPhone.
To use YouTube Music on Apple Watch, users must have:
- An Apple Watch, iPhone, and Youtube Music Premium Subscription.
- Apple Watch Series 3 and above and WatchOS 6 and above.
1. Install YouTube Music on your iPhone from the App Store.
2. Then, launch the Watch App on your iPhone.
3. Hover to click on the My Watch Tab.
4. Navigate to YouTube Music and turn on Show on Apple Watch.
5. YouTube Music will install on your Apple Watch. Alternatively, you can download it from the app store on your Apple Watch.
How to Play YouTube Music on Apple Watch
1. Open YouTube Music on your Apple Watch.
2. YouTube Music has only two options Library and the Now Playing section.
3. Library section is where you can search for your favorite music and add music to the playlist. In the Now Playing section, the music that you are currently playing will be displayed.
4. Select the Music that you want to play. Your music will be played in the Now Playing section. You can pause, forward, or backward the music you want to play in this section.
5. You must be online to play the music using YouTube Music.
Features You Can Access with YouTube Music on Apple TV
YouTube Music on watchOS supports accessing the following features.
- The Library section covers Last Played, Downloads, Playlists, and Albums.
- Now Playing screen includes playback controls like pause, previous, next, cast, and like icons.
Important Update: It is possible to shuffle and play all the music you have downloaded on WatchOS. Earlier, the service allowed users to shuffle only the playlists and albums played in the available order.
How to Stream YouTube Music on Apple Watch without iPhone
There is no option to stream YouTube music offline on Apple Watch. However, you can expect this feature’s availability shortly. Apple Watch acts as a remote for your iPhone. But there is an option that you can download the music, and Apple lets you store music up to 2 GB. So, you can download YouTube Music tracks on your computer and upload them to your Apple Watch to listen offline without an iPhone.
How to Download YouTube Music Tracks
1. Download TunesKit YouTube Music Downloader on your Mac or Windows.
2. Launch the application and select the Format button in the lower right corner. You can choose the format, channel, bit rate, and sample rate.
3. Then, in the browser, Go to the YouTube Music official website and start playing the music. TunesKit will start capturing the music.
4. You can also edit the recorded music. Once recorded, you can import all the songs to your local computer.
How to Sync Music on Apple Watch
Sync your Music on your Apple Watch by following the three steps.
Add YouTube Music Library to iTunes
1. Launch iTunes and click the file on the top left of your screen.
2. And choose to Add to the library and select the music saved on your local computer.
3. It will take a couple of minutes to upload the music to iTunes. You will be notified once all the music is uploaded.
Sync YouTube Music to iPhone from iTunes
1. Connect your iPhone with the USB cable and unlock your iPhone so that your device is recognizable.
2. Then, open iTunes and click the Apple Symbol in the upper left corner of your screen. From the menu, select Sync Music, and select Sync Entire Library.
3. All the songs you have saved in iTunes get synced with your iPhone.
Sync YouTube Music to Apple Watch
1. Turn on Bluetooth on your Apple Watch and launch the My Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Navigate to Music on the My Watch setting. In the music section, click Add Music to transfer YouTube Music to your Watch.
3. The songs will be synced with your Apple Watch, and you can listen to YouTube Music on Apple Watch without an iPhone.
How to Fix YouTube Music on Apple Watch Not Working
Various reasons contribute to YouTube Music not working on the watchOS issue. It includes service outages, pairing failures, outdated apps and firmware, low internet connectivity, etc.
- In case of a service outage, the user should wait for it to get resolved from the developer’s end.
- Disconnect and connect your Apple Watch to the stable internet.
- Check for the latest version and update the app on Apple Watch.
- You shall also update your watchOS with the latest version, if any.
- Try pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone once again.
These are the steps to use YouTube Music on the watchOS. With this music app, you shall connect to the music world and keep up with what’s trending. You will find music based on mood and in different genres. With all these impressive features and more, you don’t have to rely on Spotify on your Apple Watch.
Yes. You can get the app on your Apple Watch from the App Store.
Yes. It is officially available, and thus, it will work on your Apple Watch without any issues.
When your Apple Watch and paired iPhone aren’t running on the latest version, you may get a communication failure issue.
Yes. You can rely on third-party software for this process. You can check out the section above for a quick guide.