Apple Watch is a popular smartwatch that offers a lot of unique features. It runs on watchOS software, and most people use Apple Watch for fitness tracking. With the watchOS, you can measure your heart rate, calculate calories, and more to help you stay healthy. It is possible to add the apps on your iPhone on Apple Watch. It is the best smartwatch that does all the things from your wrist. You should pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone to get the best of features. With that, you can also manage calls, messages, emails, and notifications on Apple Watch. If you don’t know to pair your Apple Watch with your iPhone, you should check out this article as it covers the complete procedure.
How to Set Up and Pair your Apple Watch With iPhone
You shall pair your new Apple Watch with your iPhone automatically and manually. Find out the procedure for both from the below section.
Pair New Apple Watch with iPhone Automatically
1. Wear your Apple Watch and wake it up by pressing the Digital Crown.
2. Bring your iPhone near your Apple Watch and wait for the Apple Watch pairing screen to appear on your iPhone. With that, tap on the Continue button.
3. You can also open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on the Pair New Watch button.
4. Further, click the Set Up for Myself option.
5. When prompted, keep your iPhone in such a way your Apple Watch appears in the viewfinder in the Apple Watch app. And this pairs the two devices.
6. Next, click on Set Up Apple Watch and follow the instructions on your iPhone to finish the setup process.
Pair Apple Watch with iPhone Manually
If you are unable to pair the watchOS automatically, you can pair it manually.
1. Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Select Start Pairing.
3. Choose the Pair Apple Watch Manually option.
4. Now, go to your Apple Watch and tap the ‘i’ (information icon) to find your device’s name.
5. On your iPhone, choose your Apple Watch from the list.
6. Go ahead to set up your Apple Watch.
If you want to How to Unpair Apple Watch in 3 Ways Efficiently in 2 Minutes, follow the steps given below.
1. Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Click My Watch and tap All Watches from the top of the screen.
3. Tap on the ‘i’ (information) icon next to the Apple Watch that you want to unpair and select the Unpair Apple Watch option.
How to Pair More than One Apple Watch
It is possible to pair more than one Apple Watch to your iPhone. Here are the steps.
1. On the Watch app on your iPhone, select the My Watch option.
2. Select All Watches from the top of the screen.
3. Further, select the Pair New Watch option.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to pair your new watchOS and iPhone.
Related: How to Disable or Enable Activation Lock on Apple Watch
How to Switch to a Different Apple Watch
Basically, the iPhone detects the paired Apple Watch you are wearing by default. But, if you wear a new Apple Watch, you should wear it and raise your wrist. In addition, you can also switch to a different Apple Watch manually.
1. Navigate and click on the Apple Watch app on your iPhone to launch it.
2. Select My Watch, select All Watches and Turn off Auto Switch.
3. If you want to see which Apple Watch is connected, touch and hold the bottom of the watch screen, swipe up to open Control Center and view the connected Apple Watch.
How to Pair an Apple Watch to a New iPhone
If you have a new iPhone and want to pair it with your Apple Watch, here are the simple steps.
1. Use iCloud Backup to back up your old iPhone data.
2. Then, set up your new iPhone and go to Apps & Data screen.
3. Select Restore from an iCloud backup and select the latest backup.
4. Proceed with your iPhone set up. When prompted, select your Apple Watch with your new iPhone.
5. When the setup process is over, you will be prompted to pair your new iPhone with your Apple Watch.
6. Click OK on your Apple Watch and type the passcode.
How to Set Up an Apple Watch from Scratch
1. Once the pairing process is completed, select Set Up as New Apple Watch.
2. Choose either Left or Right to tell Apple Watch on which wrist you wear the Watch.
3. Click Agree to proceed with the watchOS Terms and Conditions.
4. Select Agree again for confirmation.
5. Further, set up Activation Lock and Find My iPhone by entering your Apple ID.
6. Select OK to indicate you understand Shared Settings for iPhone and Apple Watch.
7. Hit the Create a Passcode to create a passcode for your Apple Watch.
8. On your Apple Watch, tap to create a four-digit passcode.
9. Type your passcode again to confirm.
10. If you have a watchOS with LTE service, select whether to Set Up Cellular on your Apple Watch.
11. Set up Apple Pay and give your card security code or the entire number.
12. Now, click Continue on your iPhone to tell that you understand Emergency SOS.
13. Nextly, tap on Install All to get all the watchOS apps on your iPhone.
14. Finally, allow your Apple Watch to sync with your iPhone. When it is successfully done, you can use your Apple Watch.
How to Transfer an Existing Cellular Plan to a New Apple Watch
Make sure to carry out the below steps with an existing cellular plan watchOS and new watchOS with cellular.
1. Wear your Apple Watch and open the Watch app on your iPhone.
2. Select My Watch and Cellular. Then, click the ‘i’ icon next to your cellular plan.
3. Tap Remove Plan and give the confirmation.
4. Then, remove the old watch and put your other Apple Watch with cellular.
5. Tap My Watch and select Cellular and follow the instructions to activate your watch for cellular.
That’s all about pairing your Apple Watch with your iPhone. Though Apple Watch can work on its own, you can unlock plenty of features by pairing it with your iPhone. You should ensure your Apple Watch is compatible with your iPhone and have installed the right version of iOS. Hope you got all the information regarding pairing Apple Watch. Don’t forget to share your thoughts about this article in the comments section. Stay tuned to our blog or latest article updates.