Zello app is a walkie-talkie app that allows users to communicate quickly and easily with friends and families. This app is free and keeps the users highly engaged. It is currently accessible from iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads. Earlier, the developer of the app had made it available for Apple Watch users. However, the support ended, and accessing Zello on Apple Watch isn’t the case for now.
Important Update: There is no Zello for Apple Watch, or rather it isn’t currently compatible with watchOS, and you cannot get it on the Apple Watch directly.
Zello app is a fun app to connect and talk with your friends. It needs a stable internet connection or Wi-Fi network to work properly. The user can create a channel or group in Zello to invite friends and families to have a private chat. And the user can create and delete the channel or group at any time. Installing this app on Apple Watch helps users in emergency situations. This app provides a wide range of features compared to other Walkie talkie apps. You will find guidelines to download and use Zello App alternative on the Apple Watch.
FYI: Lately, Snapchat on Apple Watch support was endetd, and the users can no longer get notifications on their watch.
How to Use Zello Watch App Alternative
Apple Watch users can rely on the Walkie-Talkie app to connect with friends. In other words, you can start using your Apple Watch as Walkie Talkie can be accessed from Apple Watch Series 1 or later models. However, you require watchOS 5.3 or a later version. In addition, you shall need to have FaceTime on your iPhone.
Important Note: Walkie-Talkie isn’t available in all regions and countries.
To create a Walkie-Talkie Conversation, you should follow the steps below on watchOS.
1) Launch the Walkie-Talkie app on your watchOS.
2) Select a friend and go ahead to touch and hold the talk button.
3) When you see connecting on the screen, wait for the connection to establish.
4) With that, you can communicate with your friend.
How to Install Zello App Using App Store on Apple Watch
Follow the below methods to install the Zello app directly on your Apple Watch.
1) Firstly, tap the Digital Crown button to open the home screen.
2) Locate and click App store.
3) On the search panel, Type Zello.
4) Click the option Get to install Zello.
5) After installing, navigate to the home screen.
6) Search for the Zello app on the home screen and open it.
7) Sign in with your Zello account. If you’re new to the Zello app, tap the option Sign Up.
Note: You shall check out the guide on how to Unlock your iPhone with an Apple Watch easily.
Install Zello App on Apple Watch using the My Watch App
Install using App Store
1) Launch My Watch App on your iPhone.
2) Click on the App Store displayed at the bottom.
3) Search for Zello on the search panel of the App Store.
4) Locate the Zello app on the search results and tap Get to download the app.
5) After downloading the app, Open your Apple Watch.
6) Press the Digital Crown button to open the home screen.
7) Zello app appears on the home screen with other apps.
Enable Automatic App Install Mode
1) Open the My Watch app on your iPhone.
2) Select the My Watch tab.
3) Click on the option General.
4) Enable the option Automatic App Install by clicking the toggle button.
5) Install the Zello app on your iPhone. Zello App is supported for both iOS and watchOS devices. So, the app installed on your iPhone is automatically installed on Apple Watch.
6) Open the Zello app on your Apple Watch.
7) If you are an existing user, tap the option Login. Alternatively, click on Sign Up and follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account.
Related: How to Use Nike Run Club on Apple Watch
How to Use Zello App on Apple Watch
The below section lets you add contacts to use Zello on your watchOS effortlessly.
Add Contact With User Details
1) Tap the Menu icon displayed at the top left corner.
2) A list of options appears. Scroll down using Digital Crown and select Contacts.
3) Tap the + icon displayed below. A search bar appears.
4) Click on the search bar and type the username, phone number, or E-mail ID of the person you want to talk to.
5) If the person also has a Zello account, his ID appears on the search results.
6) Tap the username, and click Add displayed in the top right corner.
7) A invitation request will be sent to the person. If that person accepts, you can start talking.
Add Contact With Address Book
8) You can also add contacts by Address Book. Go to Contacts on the main menu, select contacts, and click Address Book.
9) The contacts you have on your iPhone get displayed on the screen. Select the contacts you want to add to your Zello contact list and tap Done displayed in the top right corner.
10) If you want to talk to someone using the Zello app, tap the username of the concerned person.
11) Press and hold down the talk icon until it turns orange to red and start talking.
12) Release the talk icon after speaking.
13) When the person replies, the talk icon turns green.
14) You can also change the status from default Available to Busy when you’re in another call.
Now, we are at the end. These are the steps you can follow to install Zello App on Apple Watch. The Zello app is also used in emergency situations. Even if your phone is dead, you can contact your friends and families using the Zello app. Zello app is the no.1 two-way radio app that has more than 150 million users.
Frequently Asked Questions
Currently, you cannot install Zello from the App Store on Apple Watch.
Yes. The Zello Walkie-Talkie app is rated 12+ and it is completely safe to use.
Yes. You can use Zello for free. It also includes a premium version called Zello Work.