Fitbit is one of the best fitness apps available for Apple Watch users. On the Fitbit app, you can find free workouts, nutrition programs, meditation tracks, sleep tools, and many more. It tracks your heart rate, and you can do all the exercises just from your home. Fitbit app is very convenient to use, and it almost provides 250 workout videos to use. Furthermore, sleeping tools help you to assume your sleeping habits, and with the report, you can improve your sleeping quality. This service is available in both free and premium versions. Fitbit premium costs $9.99 per month with 90 days free trial. It works well with Fitbit trackers, smartwatches, scales, and other Fitbit products. However, you cannot get the Fitbit app directly on Apple Watch because Apple and Fitbit don’t communicate properly. Now, let’s see how to connect Apple Watch to Fitbit app.
Can you Sync Apple Watch to Fitbit App?
Ae we cannot connect Apple Watch and Fitbit app directly, we have to use a third-party app to connect. The best third-party apps are Strava, MyFitnessSync, Sync Solver for Fitbit. You can install any one of the apps from the App Store to connect Apple Watch and Apple Health to Fitbit app via your iPhone. Here we have shown you the procedure with the Strava app.
How to Install Strava on your iPhone
1. First, download and install Strava from App Store on your iPhone.
2. Launch the Strava app and sign in with your account credentials.
3. Tap Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
4. Once you land on the Feed screen, tap Connect a GPS watch or computer option from the screen.
5. Under the Device Type, choose Apple Watch.
6. Next, tap Get Started on the welcome screen.
7. Further, you have to Set Up Checklist.
- Turn on Location Services -Ensure to enable Location services to connect your Apple Watch with Strava.
- Accept Our Code of Conduct – Enable permission to the Code of Contact.
- Motion & Fitness – Enable this function to sync your Motion & Fitness data from your Apple Watch.
Optionally, you can change the below options when needed.
- Turn on Notifications: In order to get the notifications from the Strava app, turn on the notification icon.
- Sync With Health: Enable the option to monitor heart rate data.
8. Once you have enabled the options, tap Done.
Related: How to Track Sleep on Apple Watch | Best Sleep Tracking Apps
Connect Apple Watch to Fitbit using Strava
1. Launch the Fitbit app on your iPhone and enter your Fitbit sign-in credentials. If not installed, install it from the App Store.
2. Click your Profile picture from the upper left corner.
3. On the Account page, tap Third-Party Apps from the bottom of the screen.
4. On the Third-Party Apps page, choose Compatible Apps.
5. Now, you visit Fitbit.com. Scroll down to find Strava, and choose Download on the App Store.
6. It will lead you to the Strava App Store page. Tap the Open button to launch the app.
7. Choose to Connect a GPS watch or computer on the Getting Started page.
8. From the Device Type, tap Fitbit.
9. On the following screen, tap Connect Fitbit option.
10. When asked, provide your Fitbit account details and press the Login button.
11. Now, Login into your Strava account once again.
12. On the Connect Fitbit to the Strava screen, tap Authorize option.
13. Further, check in the box next to the functions and tap the Allow button to sync to Strava.
14. On the next screen, tap the OK, got it button.
15. From the Almost There screen, tap the Continue button.
16. Proceed to tap Allow on the next screen.
17. If you receive the error notifications, dismiss them and see the Fitbit data and Strava accounts are connected.
That’s how easy to sync Fitbit to Apple Health and Apple Watch. Now, you can easily track Fitbit workouts on the Apple Watch.
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot use the Fitbit app directly on your Apple Watch. But, you can use any third-party apps like Strava, MyFitnessSync to connect Apple Watch to Fitbit app.
You can use the MyFitnessSync app to sync Apple Watch to Fitbit app for free.
Yes, Fitbit is compatible with iPhone. You can install the Fitbit app directly from the App Store. It works well with iPhone, and connecting Fitbit with iPhone is very simple.
Fitbit is the best budget-friendly device and has good battery life. It is a more comprehensive health tracking service than the Apple Watch. If you have an Android phone, Fitbit is a great option. However, you can select either Fitbit or Apple Watch based on your need.