Apple Watch supports a wide range of fitness applications, and Strava is one of the best fitness apps on it. Lots of users, especially cyclists, love the app. It tracks down your exercise and activities by noting down the time, speed, distance, and heartbeat rates. Additionally, it helps you get involved in activities like swimming, hiking, surfing, gym training, and yoga. Strava has a subscription tier, where you can customize your workout and training with the help of an expert trainer. Therefore, Strava provides you enough motivation, focus and helps to attain your goals. You can record and share your bike riding videos and photos on Strava so that your friends can see that too. Similarly, you can join clubs, brands, and communities on the Strava app. By adding the Strava app to your Apple Watch, you can make your workout more comfortable. Also, you don’t need to rely on your iPhone.
How to Add Strava to an Apple Watch
The Strava app is compatible with the Apple Watch, and you can easily add the app to your device. Here is a simplified guide to help you understand the same.
1. Press on the Digital Crown and launch the Apple Watch home screen.
2. Next, open the App Store of your Watch.
3. Tap on the search icon and then search for the Strava app using Scribble or Dictation.
4. Otherwise, you can simply scroll through the featured apps to find the Strava app.
5. Pick up the Strava app from the search results.
6. Further, download the app by clicking on the Get button.
7. When prompted, click twice on the side button and install the Strava app.
8. Open the Strava app after adding it.
9. Now, use your iPhone to authorize Strava on Apple Watch. Follow the prompts to complete the sign-up process.
Related: How To Add Apps To Apple Watch in 2 Easy Ways
How to Use the Strava App on an Apple Watch
After adding the Strava app, you can use it from your Watch itself. The below section covers the things you can do with the help of the Strava app on your watchOS.
Record an Activity
When you start recording an activity, follow the prompts and accept Health permissions, notification, and disclaimer. Further, choose your sport type, units of measurement, and Auto-Pause settings.
Once you start recording, view your average pace, time, distance, split pace, and heart rate. Also, you can add the run-split notification to get notifications. Additionally, you can set up audio feedback to notify you when you pause, restart, stop, and all details of your activity. Go to Settings page > Audio Cues and then Turn it On by selecting the toggle.
Once you finish an activity, tap on Stop and then on the Finish (Flag) option. Further, get the summary of your activity on your Watch and Save the details.
Related: How to Add AQI on Apple Watch: All You Need To Know
Record Heart Rate
You need Strava’s permission to Strava read heart rate data with the Apple Health app.
1. Launch the Strava app on your Apple watch like you do when you record an activity.
2. You can see prompts on your iPhone and Apple Watch.
3. On your iPhone, follow the prompts of Strava.
4. Next, click on the Open Strava option.
5. With this, the Apple Health app opens on your device.
6. Scroll down and click on the Allow Strava to Read Data option.
7. Further, enable Heart Rate.
8. Finally, you can see the heart rate on the Strava app on the Apple Watch.
The Strava app is supported on Apple Watch with WatchOS 6.0 and later and on iOS 13.0 and above. The activities on your Apple Watch get sync to your iPhone once your watchOS comes within the range of iPhone. Further, you can upload your recording to the app. Hope you find this article useful. Follow our blog to get more updates and articles.