No matter what iPhone model you have, you might get into some resolvable issues. For instance, frozen screen, glitch, performance issues, app crash, WiFi connectivity issue, etc. One of the best troubleshooting methods in any of these situations is to restart your iPhone. The method by which you restart iPhone depends on the model of the iPhone you own. The iPhone 12 series is known for its advanced features. All the phones in the series are designed to work 50% better than other iPhone models that are so far released. Despite this, you might face internal issues on the phone. To better handle any issues, you should essentially know how to restart an iPhone 12 and 12 Pro.
How to Restart iPhone 12/12 Pro?
We are making use of the visible buttons on the iPhone 12 to restart it. Before getting started, you should know about these buttons. We have three physical buttons, including the Volume Up, Volume Down, and Side buttons. You will find the Volume buttons are on the left side while the Side button to be present on the right side.
General Restart or Soft Reset iPhone 12 /12Pro
A general restart is a simple turn-off followed by a turn-on of the iPhone 12. Follow these steps for the same.
1. Press and hold the Volume up button accompanied by the Side button.
2. Now, an on-screen power button appears on the top of your screen.
3. Slide on the power button from left to right.
4. Your phone will turn off soon after.
5. Now, you need to turn on your phone.
6. Press and hold on to the Side button.
7. The Apple logo appears on the screen, indicating that the phone has turned on.
Force Restart iPhone 12 Pro & iPhone 12
A forced restart is usually done when the phone screen freezes and doesn’t give a response to a normal reset. If you have an iPhone 12/12 Pro that is not responding, follow these steps.
1. Press on the Volume Up button and release it quickly.
2. Press on the Volume Down button and quickly release it.
3. Long-press the Side button for a few seconds.
4. You can release the Side button when the Apple logo appears on your screen.
5. Allow the screen to completely turn off.
6. After a few seconds, the Apple logo appears on your screen again.
7. It suggests that your phone has turned on after the restart.
Now you know how to restart your iPhone 12 if you come across some errors. Some apps stop working, and the iOS might find it hard to cope up with it. In such cases, these troubleshooting methods will help you. A general restart will fix most problems on your phone. However, if a general restart doesn’t work on your phone, you should go for a forced restart. Also, note that none of your data and information will be lost in this process. For the latest article updates, you shall visit our blog.