YouTube Music, introduced in 2018, is one of the best apps for streaming music. It has over 70 million songs in the library and podcasts. You can listen to the latest songs, albums, playlists, and more in the YouTube Music app anytime and anywhere. However, if you want to get YouTube Music on Apple TV, the procedure isn’t straightforward, unlike getting Spotify on Apple TV, as the app isn’t officially available. i.e., you have to rely on alternative methods to access YouTube Music on Apple TV.
Since the app has lyrics feature options for the songs, you can sing along to the song you are currently listening to. All the music contents are free in this app, but while listening to the songs, you will be interrupted by ads. So if you want to listen without ads, you can use the premium plan. The cost of the subscription to YouTube premium is $9.99 per month, and you can listen to music without any disturbance.
How to Stream YouTube Music on Apple TV
The YouTube Music app isn’t yet compatible with Apple TV, but it is available for Apple devices like iPhones and iPad. So, if you want to stream this app, you can install it via the YouTube app. Follow the steps below to install YouTube on Apple TV.
1. First, ensure that your Apple TV has a stable internet connection to avoid interruption later.
2. From the main menu, you shall navigate to select the App Store tile.
3. Enter the app name as YouTube and search for it on Apple TV.
4. A list of suggestions will be displayed on your Apple TV Screen. Choose the YouTube app.
5. Click the Install button to get the app on Apple TV.
6. Once installed, tap the Open button to launch the app on your TV.
7. You will receive a YouTube activation code on the screen. Note it down correctly.
8. Next, launch your web browser on your computer or smartphone.
9. Navigate to the YouTube Music activation website (https://www.google.com/device) and input the activation code you received earlier.
10. Now, it’s time to click the Next option to proceed. Then verify whether the YouTube app is activated.
11. Once activated, launch the app and select Music.
12. Finally, you can enjoy listening to your favorite songs on your Apple TV.
How to Get YouTube Music on Apple TV: Via AirPlay from Mac
Follow these steps if you want the YouTube Music app on Apple TV through Mac. Before starting the process, ensure that the internet connection is stable.
1. First, ensure that your Mac is turned on and tap the AirPlay icon at the top right corner of the screen.
2. Click the AirPlay option. Now, a list of available devices will display on your Apple TV.
3. Now, it’s time to pick your Apple TV name and click on it.
4. Then, on your Safari Browser, navigate to music.youtube.com on Mac.
5. Next, log in with your Google Account credentials.
6. Finally, you are ready to play a song and enjoy listening on your Apple TV.
How to AirPlay YouTube Music on Apple TV from iOS
The YouTube Music app is available only for iOS devices. So, you can download and install the app on your iPhone/iPad and screen mirror the songs on your TV.
1. Setup your Apple TV and iPhone/iPad to the same wireless network connection.
2. Go to the App Store to search and find the YouTube Music app from the suggestions.
3. Now, download and install the YouTube Music app from your iOS smartphone from the App Store.
4. Within a minute, the app gets downloaded, and the installation process will begin.
5. Once installed, launch the app and Sign in with your Google Account credentials.
6. Choose any song you wish to hear from YouTube Music.
7. Next, open the Control Center on your iOS and click on the Screen Mirroring option.
8. After that, select your Apple TV from the list to cast it on Apple TV.
9. Finally, you can listen to your favorite music and enjoy it on your smartphone.
Troubleshooting YouTube Music Not Working on Apple TV
If YouTube Music is not working or if you face any interruption while using the app on Apple TV, then you can try this:
- Check your internet connection
- Update or restart your Apple TV
- Uninstall and reinstall the YouTube Music app
- Ensure that your devices are using the same WIFI.
- You shall check and renew the subscription when it is expired.
These are the possible ways to get the YouTube Music app on Apple TV. The first method is easy and simple to get the app on your TV. Otherwise, try the screen mirroring method and get the app on Apple TV.
You can download the YouTube Music app freely from Google Play Store or the App Store using both iOS and Android devices. But if you want to use the app without any ads, then you need to have a premium subscription.
No, you cannot get the app on Apple TV. However, you should rely on AirPlay or screen mirroring method to listen to music from the Apple TV.