Too tired to check your phone for every WhatsApp message popping up all day? Well, fear not, you shall now get access to WhatsApp right on your wrist. Although if that sounds futuristic, you can possibly use WhatsApp on your WatchOS. However, Apple doesn’t have an official WhatsApp app for the watchOS. But it allows the Apple Watch to receive notifications for WhatsApp. There are a variety of third-party apps that helps you overcome this situation and bring WhatsApp right onto your wrist. In this article, we discuss a couple of different ways to access WhatsApp on the Apple Watch. So, you may not find any details regarding how to install WhatsApp on Apple Watch.
How to Get WhatsApp Notifications on Apple Watch
Unfortunately, WhatsApp has not come up with an app solely dedicated to the watchOS. So with the Push notifications, you will get a very limited WhatsApp experience on your wrist. Though you are limited to the basics, you can receive notifications for incoming messages and respond to them with a list of simple replies. So here is how you do that.
1. Open Settings on your iPhone.
2. On the settings screen, scroll down and select Notifications.
3. On the list of available apps, choose WhatsApp.
4. Turn on the Allow Notifications toggle switch.
5. Also, select Show in Notification Center and Show on Lock Screen.
6. Close the app and open the Watch App.
7. Go to Notifications.
8. On the list of available apps, scroll down to WhatsApp and turn on the Notification button.
9. Now, you will receive WhatsApp notifications on your Apple Watch.
How to Reply to a WhatsApp Message from Apple Watch
1. Click on the Notification for the received WhatsApp message.
2. You shall go ahead to tap on the Reply option.
3. There is a list of available short responses. Tap on the message to respond with one of them
4. If you want to make a more personalized reply, hold the microphone icon and record a custom voice message.
Related: How to Access Google Calendar on Apple Watch [Guide]
Try This Way! Install a Third-Party App as WhatsApp Alternative
Since WhatsApp notifications are quite limited and you are looking for a more flexible option, we will talk about a third-party app that allows you just that.
The WatchChat app is the third-party app that allows you to have a stable WhatsApp experience on your watch. This is a paid app that costs you $2.99.
1. On your iPhone, open the Watch app and select the App Store.
2. In the search box, type as WatchChat 2 to download the app to your Apple Watch.
3. Open the WatchChat 2 app on your Apple Watch after the download. The Watch screen will show a QR Code.
4. Then, navigate to WhatsApp on your iPhone. Click on Settings >> WhatsApp Web >> Scan QR code.
5. Now, you shall scan the QR code displayed on your WatchOS.
Related: How to Setup and Use Gmail on Apple Watch [Easy Guide]
It will allow you to have a complete WhatsApp experience on your wrist. You can use the Scribble feature to write responses, look up chat, and everything.
You can select between either of the ways depending on what you want, but you can use WhatsApp on your watchOS with both ways. Enjoy sending and receiving messages from your Apple Watch.