Apple Watch is known for its many features. One of the underrated features of the Apple Watch is the Shortcuts. As the name goes, Shortcuts on Apple Watch lets you perform functions easily just with a tap. The Apple Watch users with watchOS 7 and later can access the shortcuts in the Shortcuts app. It features more than 300 built-in actions that work with your favorite apps and those that are Siri Shortcuts compatible. While there are plenty of shortcuts available on the Shortcuts app, only some are compatible and can be accessed on Apple Watch. Further, the Shortcuts app shows those shortcuts that are compatible with your Apple Watch. In addition to this, the users can run the shortcuts on the watch face. Check out this blog for the procedures to enable and use shortcuts on Apple Watch. Let’s get in.
How to Add Shortcuts on Apple Watch
1) Launch the Shortcuts app on your iPhone. If you can’t find the app, search the app using Spotlight.
2) Navigate to the Gallery tab displayed at the bottom.
3) Here, you’ll see several shortcuts, search and select your desired shortcut. Make sure the shortcut you’re choosing is compatible with the Apple watch.
4) Click Add Shortcut.
5) Now, go to the My Shortcuts tab.
6) Select Shortcuts. Look on the top left corner of the screen for the option.
7) Locate and click Apple Watch.
8) Here, you can see all the compatible shortcuts on watchOS.
9) Tap the three dots icon of the shortcut you wanted to add to your Apple Watch.
10) Click the toggle switch placed near the option Show on Apple Watch.
11) Tap Done and select again Done to save changes.
12) Now, the shortcut will be synced with your Apple Watch.
13) Turn on your Apple Watch and press the Digital Crown to launch the home screen.
14) Locate the Shortcuts app and select it.
15) You’ll find a list of shortcuts on the watch screen. Tap on the desired shortcut on Apple Watch to run it. Some Shortcuts are not supported on Apple Watch. So, make sure to select the supported one.
FYI: You can view Apple Watch Shortcuts on your iPhone. For this, go to Shortcuts app >> select My Shortcuts >> click on Shortcuts from top left >> choose Apple Watch.
Related: How to Change Apple Watch Face | Customize Watch Face
How to Remove or Delete Shortcuts of Apple Watch
1) Open the Shortcuts app on your iPhone.
2) Tap on the My Shortcuts tab and click the Shortcuts option at the top.
3) Scroll down and select Apple Watch.
4) Tap Select displayed at the top right corner.
5) Click the shortcuts you wanted to delete or remove from your Apple Watch.
6) If you want to delete the shortcuts, tap the Delete option at the bottom.
7) If you wish to remove the Shortcuts, click Remove.
How to Add Shortcut Complication to Your Apple Watch
1) Long press on the watch face’s display until you get a pop-up.
2) Click Edit.
3) Swipe left or right until the Complication screen displays on the screen.
4) Click a Complication.
5) Scroll down and select Shortcuts.
6) Select your desired shortcut and tap it. You can also explore all the shortcuts by selecting More.
7) That’s it. Press the Digital Crown to navigate to the Watch Face.
8) Now, you can see the shortcut Complication on the Watch Face. Just tap the shortcut on the Watch Face to run it.
How to Add Shortcut Complication to Your Apple Watch using iPhone
1) Launch the My Watch app on your iPhone.
2) Go to the My Watch tab and click on your desired watch face.
3) Locate and tap the option Complications.
4) Under the Shortcuts section, select the shortcuts you wanted to add.
5) That’s it. Now you can run the shortcut by tapping the shortcut on the Watch Face.
That’s it. Refer to the steps above and add shortcuts to your watchOS without taking too much of your time. All the steps listed above are important. So, avoid skipping steps. Leave your thoughts in the comments section below and visit our blog to know more about Apple products and features.