Apple Inc. launched SharePlay with iOS 15.1 update in 2020. This SharePlay feature allows users to share the screen with the connected participant on FaceTime. The users can connect with their friends and have real-time conversations on FaceTime while streaming movies. The connected users can control the playback of the video or audio content playing on FaceTime. Some of the SharePlay compatible apps include Apple TV, HBO Max, Hulu, Disney+, Spotify, CARROT Weather, Heads Up, and more. Sometimes users find difficulty accessing SharePlay on their iOS devices, and even if it is accessed, it might stop performing after some time. The are several reasons for SharePlay not working on iOS 15. The reasons behind this are discussed in this article. This troubleshooting guide will help you to fix the problem on SharePlay not working on iOS 15. Let’s get into it.
How to Fix SharePlay Not Working in iOS 15
If you face SharePlay not working issue on your iPhone/iPad with iOS 15, you shall try out the below fixes.
Update iOS Version
The first thing to fix SharePlay not working issue is to check for the device update. Check if your iPhone has version iOS 15.1 or higher. To check the current software version, follow the steps listed below,
1) Go to Settings on your iPhone and select the option, General.
2) Click on the option About.
3) A screen displays the information of your iOS device.
4) Now, you can see the software version of your iPhone under the option, Name.
5) If it isn’t on the iOS 15.1 or higher version, you need to proceed with updating steps.
6) To update, get back to Settings and tap General.
7) Click on the option Software Update available under the option About.
8) Download the update and install it on your iPhone.
On the latest version, iOS 15.1, SharePlay is enabled by default. Make sure that your AirPlay is enabled on your iPhone. To check whether SharePlay is enabled or not, follow the steps given below.
1) Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2) Go to the option FaceTime.
3) Scroll down and select the option SharePlay.
4) You’ll be directed to a new screen. Enable SharePlay by tapping the toggle button.
5) Under the heading SharePlay Automatically, enable the option TV.
Related: How to Use iPhone Live Text OCR in iOS in 2 Easy Ways
Check the Apps Compatibility with SharePlay
The SharePlay feature is available only in some apps. If you’re planning to share the contents on an app with other participants, you should check whether the app supports SharePlay.
Check the Apps Subscription
You cannot view the contents or share the contents from an app without a subscription. Ensure that you have a subscription plan or renew the plan if it is outdated. Make sure that the other participant also has the same app with a subscription plan.
To make the SharePlay work properly, disable and enable Face time. By doing this, we can eliminate unwanted bugs.
1) Open Settings on your iPhone.
2) Scroll down and select the option FaceTime.
3) A new screen appears. You can see the toggle switch enabled for FaceTime.
4) Tap on the toggle switch to disable FaceTime.
5) After a few seconds, tap on the toggle switch again to enable FaceTime.
Sign-out and Sign-in to FaceTime
If the above fixes don’t help you, try this method.
1) Open Settings and scroll down to select the option FaceTime.
2) Click on the Apple ID and tap the option Sign-out.
3) Follow the above steps again to Sign-in.
Check Internet Connectivity
Make sure to have a stable Internet connection while using SharePlay. Poor internet connection leads to buffering the contents you’re sharing using SharePlay. Enable the Airplane mode on and wait for a few minutes. Now, turn off Airplane mode. It can help you get the internet connection properly. If you’re using a network device, try to restart it. You can also reset network settings on your iPhone to get a proper connection. To reset, follow the steps listed below.
1) Locate Settings on your iPhone.
2) Tap the option, General.
3) Scroll to the iPhone screen’s bottom and select the Transfer or Reset iPhone.
4) Now, click on the option Reset.
5) You’ll see a list of options displayed on the screen. Select Reset Network Settings and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the reset.
Related: How to Fix Unlock iPhone to Use Accessories Issue Quickly
Check Whether the Participants has the Necessary Requirements
Make sure that the other participants have the following requirements for using SharePlay.
- Good internet connection
- Apple iOS device.
- The device updated to iOS 15.1 or higher version.
- Subscription Plan to the app.
- SharePlay and FaceTime enabled.
That’s it. Now we are at the end. Follow these troubleshooting steps and make SharePlay work on iOS 15 devices. In addition to the above fixes, you can also force restart your device. If Share play is not working on a particular app, update the app. If this doesn’t work, Uninstalling and Reinstalling the app might help you resolve the problem.
When the problem persists, contact Apple Support. Hope this article helps you resolve SharePlay not working on iOS 15 devices. Visit our blog for more helpful articles updates related to Apple devices.