iPhone provides us with a premium experience and also provides us with the best features that benefit us. Likewise, iPhone provides us with a feature to find your Apple device when lost with the help of Find My iPhone. It is an application developed by Apple Inc., and the users can find their device with a live location. They can use this feature by signing in with their iCloud account on PC or using their friend’s iPhone to track the device. You can play a sound to find your iPhone if you are near to its location. With this, you can lock and erase your device. Before resetting your device, you can get a backup by using your iCloud account. The procedure to use the Find My iPhone feature is simple. Learn how to do it by getting into this section.
How to Use Find My iPhone
There are two ways that you can use Find My iPhone. They are:
- From iPhone
- Using Windows or Mac
First, you have to enable the Find My iPhone feature to use it.
Enable Find My iPhone
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Select the Find My option in the settings.
3. Enable the Find My iPhone feature and make sure that you have enabled other options.
4. Enable Offline finding and send the last location option. It helps the users to find their devices under certain circumstances.
3. Now you are set up. You can now access the Find My app to locate your lost device.
Related: How To Change iCloud Account on iPhone [Possible Ways]
Find Your Lost Device using your Friends iPhone
1. Open the Find My application and tap on the Me tab at the lower-left corner of the interface.
2. From that menu, tap on the Help a Friend option. You will be redirected to log in to your iCloud account.
3. Enter your credentials to log in to your iCloud account.
4. Select a Device that you are looking for. A list of options will display below.
5. View the map and go to the device location, and select Play Sound. Your iPhone will play sound for a couple of minutes.
6. If you cannot locate your iPhone, tap on the Lost Mode option to put your device in power-saving mode and to lock the device.
7. If you still can’t find your device, Select Erase Phone. So, your personal information doesn’t fall into the wrong hands.
8. You can also send a text message to your lost iPhone. That text message will display on your lost iPhone’s notification. If someone picks it up, they may call the concerned person.
9. To do that, swipe up the sidebar to view more options.
10. Activate the Mark as Lost option and click Continue.
11. Enter your mobile number and the text message you want to display in your lost device’s notification.
12. Now, the text message will display on your iPhone’s notifications.
Related: How to Delete Music from iPhone Effectively in 3 Simple Way
Find Your Lost Device using iCloud on Windows or Mac
1. Go to iCloud.com using your browser on your Windows or Mac.
2. Input the Apple ID and password to log in to your account.
3. Select the Find My iPhone option to use it.
4. The remaining steps are as same as you use it on mobile.
These are the steps to use the Find My iPhone feature. Hope you found this section helpful and interesting. For more such useful article updates, you shall visit our blog.