FaceTime is a video and audio chat platform specially developed for Apple users. The functions of this app are similar to other video apps like Google Duo, Zoom, etc. Facetime requires a proper internet connection to make a video call or audio call. You can use FaceTime on Mac and iOS devices. In other words, the app is compatible with only Apple devices. So, Android, Windows, and other operating system users cannot access FaceTime by any means. But in 2021, Apple launched an update to iOS devices. This update allows the Apple devices with iOS 15 and macOS 15 to FaceTime video calls to Android and other operating systems. The procedures to receive a FaceTime call is similar for both Windows PC and Android devices. In this blog, we’ll look into the steps about how to get FaceTime on android and Windows PC. Let’s get in.
Can I Use FaceTime on Android Device or Windows PC?
Unfortunately, there is no dedicated FaceTime app for Android and Windows users. However, the users can join a FaceTime call via a link created by the Apple user. The recent update has changed everything and gives the opportunity to the other OS users to experience FaceTime. Before following the steps listed below, make sure that your iPhone is updated to iOS 15 or later.
How to Join FaceTime Calls from Android Device or Windows PC
If you want to add your friend using an Android device or Windows PC. Follow the steps listed below.
1) The initial step is to send a link from your Apple Device.
2) To send a link, open the FaceTime app on your iPhone. The app comes pre-installed on your Apple Device and you need to get it from App Store only when you have removed it.
3) Tap the option Create Link displayed at the top of the screen.
4) A screen pops up from the bottom, it displays the list of apps you can use to share the link with your friend. Select any one app from the list to share your FaceTime link.
5) After receiving the link, your friend should tap on the link. The link will be opened on the Chrome browser or Microsoft Edge.
6) Ask your friend to enter his name and tap the option Continue.
7) To proceed further, Your friend should give access to the permissions like a Microphone and Camera.
8) Now the screen displays a Join button on the Chrome page. Ask your friend to tap the Join button.
9) That’s it. You’ll receive a request on your iPhone, accept it and start chatting.
Related: How to Screen Share on FaceTime [A Complete Guide]
How to Use FaceTime Calls on Android or Windows PC
The Android or Windows user can perform multiple operations while using FaceTime. They are listed below.
- Leave a Call – The user can leave a call by just tapping the leave button at the top right corner.
- Mute or UnMute – To mute your mic, the user can tap the Microphone icon. Tapping the Microphone icon again will unmute the mic.
- Turn Off camera – To turn off your camera, click the video recorder icon shown in the top. tapping it again will turn on the camera.
- Full Screen View – To view the call in Full screen, tap the full screen icon.
- Switch Camera – To switch between front and back camera, select the camera flip icon.
- Grid Layout – If there are more than one person in a call, use the grid layout to show them all in a single screen. To enable grid layout, tap the three dots icon and select the option Grid Layout.
That’s it. Follow the steps listed above to get FaceTime on Android and Windows. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection before using FaceTime. If Facetime fails to work on your device, try some troubleshooting methods like updating Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge. If the problem persists, ask the host to send another link and try to join in the call again. Hope this article was useful and guides you in joining a FaceTime call using an android device. Refer this article to your friends and check our blog to know more about Apple updates.