Safari is the default web browser available on all Apple devices. It helps you to surf the internet more securely. It brings robust customization options, powerful privacy protections, and more. Safari allows you to browse a lot online on a single charge than any other browser. It gives you up to 30 minutes more browsing than Google Chrome, Edge, and Firefox. On the whole, Safari gives you increased performance. You can browse the app the way you like. Safari is being updated whenever a new version of iOS, iPadOS, and macOS is released. So, it is good to use the updated version with new advanced features to increase your productivity. This section helps you on how to update the Safari browser on your Mac computer.
How to Update Safari Browser on Mac Laptop/Desktop
One-Step Guide: On macOS, press the Apple menu >> System Preferences >> System Updates >> Update Now >> Install Now.
1. Hit the Apple menu from the top-left corner of the screen.
2. Choose System Preferences.
3. Under that, tap System Updates.
4. Now, your Mac will look for any updates.
5. If there is any update, choose the Upgrade Now button, and the updates will be installed. Or tap the More Info.. option from the screen.
6. Select any Safari-specific updates (if available) and select Install Now.
7. To keep your Mac updated automatically, check the box near Automatically keep my Mac up to date.
Related: How to Add Extension to Safari Browser (Mac & iPhone)
How to Update Safari Browser on MacBook from the App Store
One-Step Guide: Launch App Store on Mac >> Updates >> More >> select Update button of Safari.
This method can be used if you have a Mac that runs with macOS 10.13 High Sierra and older versions.
1. Launch the App Store on the Mac and tap the Updates tab from the bottom.
2. Wait for the App Store to scan for new updates.
3. Now, choose More within the Software Update section.
4. Finally, select Update All to install all listed apps or choose Update next to Safari (if available).
5. When prompted, you should enter your Apple ID and Password.
6. Now, you have successfully installed the Safari browser on your Mac.
Besides updating the Safari browser, you can even update your Mac to update the macOS with the latest version. With this, the Safari browser will be updated. Sometimes, you might find that Safari is outdated even after downloading the latest version of macOS. In that case, you shall contact the developer or website owner. That’s it. Now, you know to upgrade the Safari browser to the latest version.
Frequently Asked Questions
The latest version of Safari browser is 15.2 as of March 15, 2022.
Go to System Preferences and System Updates on your Mac and then look for the update for the Safari browser on MacBook Air/Pro.
Safari is the built-in web browser available on all Apple devices. It is one of the fastest browsers available for users.
It is good to update the Safari browser to use new features and technologies.
If you get Safari is no longer supported on your older Mac, then it’s time to update your macOS. So updating Mac is the helpful way to update Safari on old Mac PCs.
Yes. You can update Safari from the App Store or under Settings. You shall look at the update steps from the above section.
It might be due to the wrong network settings. To fix it up, you need to reset Network settings to default. For this, go to Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Network Settings.