iMessage is the iconic messaging application that comes built-in on Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, and Mac. It is an easy-to-use app and uses your WIFI or cellular data network to deliver messages. Unlike Android devices, iMessages show sent messages in a blue bubble, making it more attractive. With iMessage, you can find if the message is delivered and if it has been read. Compared to regular message applications, iMessages have more features and work faster. Further, iMessages supports customization, and it lets you manage your messages efficiently. For instance, if you want to unsend certain messages, iMessage lets you do that. The unsend feature comes to the rescue if you accidentally send messages to someone or if you sent texts to the wrong recipient. In such situations, you shall look for guidelines on how to unsend iMessage, this section helps you out with the same.
How to Unsend iMessage
It is pretty much hard to delete iMessages after being sent. You can only delete it on your device, while the other person will still have it. So, you need to be careful before sending messages. If you know that you are sending a message to the wrong person before the message is received on the other end, you can unsend it. Follow these simple steps if you ever come across such a situation in the future.
Unend iMessage on iPhones with Home Button
1. Once you think you are sending a wrong message, press your iPhone’s Home button.
2. Further, open the Settings app from the home screen.
3. Turn on the AirPlay mode using the toggle.
4. Now, open the iMessages app on your iPhone. If the message is unsent, then you can delete it right away.
5. After unsending the message, you can turn off the AirPlane mode.
6. Now, check the iMessages and find that the message got deleted.
Related: How To Turn Off iMessage on iPhone / iPad in 2 Easy Ways
Unsend iMessage on latest iPhone Models without Home Button
If you have a newer iPhone model without the Home button, follow these simple steps to unsend messages.
1. Once you feel you sent the wrong message, swipe down from the top-right corner of your screen.
2. Fastly, Enable the AirPlane mode on the Control Centre.
3. Open the iMessage to see if the message is delivered or not. Non-delivered messages will have a red warning sign with a Not Delivered notice.
Related: How To Turn Off iMessage for a Contact in Simple Steps
4. Tap and hold the message and click on the More option.
5. Further, click on the delete icon and on the Delete Message option.
6. Finally, turn off the AirPlane mode and check your message.
You need to act fast and turn on the AirPlane mode as you notice that you have sent the iMessage by mistake. As you know, iMessages are pretty fast in sending messages, and it is really hard to stop them from being sent. If you want to unsend a photo or video you accidentally send, you might need to spend some extra time to unsend it. Hope this article helped you out with the procedure to unsend the iMessage.Follow our blog to stay tuned to more articles and updates.