Avast is the most popular antivirus app to be compatible with macOS. The app needs to be appreciated for its simple interface that anyone can use. It has both a free tier as well as a paid tier for its users. The free version itself has a lot of added functionalities when compared to other free antivirus applications. The free scan with Avast helps you detect a lot about your Mac. It includes malicious browser add-ons, network issues, and unprotected data on your Mac. If you want to uninstall Avast from your Mac, keep on reading this section.
Avast is a very efficient antivirus that gives you free protection for your device. However, you might have more than one single reason for uninstalling Avast security antivirus from your Mac. Also, you can reinstall the application on your Mac after uninstallation.
Why Should I Uninstall Avast
There is no reason to uninstall Avast if it is working properly on your device. However, some of the Mac users feel that Avast slows down their Mac because of its slow pace. Also, the ransomware protection feature of Avast isn’t available for free. If that is the scenario you face, you can choose a more suitable Antivirus.
How to Uninstall Avast on Mac
If you have decided to uninstall the Avast Security on your Mac, follow these steps.
1. Firstly, turn on your Mac and then open the Avast Security app.
2. From the top menu bar, you shall click on the Avast Security icon.
3. Next, click on the Open Avast Security option and launch the app.
4. On the menu bar, click on the Go tab.
5. From the drop-down menu, click on Applications and then double-click on the Avast icon.
6. Keeping the Avast Security window active, click on the Avast option on the menu bar.
7. Further, click on the Uninstall Avast Security option.
8. Again, click on the Uninstall button.
9. Further, enter your administrator User Name and Password if prompted.
10. Further, click on the OK button.
11. Finally, click on the Quit button.
Related: How To Uninstall Dropbox From Mac in Easy Ways
How to Manually Uninstall Avast on Mac
You can also uninstall Avast from your Mac manually. You can explore the same in this section.
1. Firstly, click on the Go button in the Avast app.
2. Next, click on the Utility option and open the Activity Monitor by double-clicking on it.
3. Navigate to and then highlight the running process of Avast.
4. Further, click on the Quit button.
Note: You need to repeat these steps and disable Avast completely.
5. Next, launch the Finder application and then click on the Applications on your screen.
6. Next, navigate to Avast and then drag it to the Trash.
7. Further, right-click on your Trash and then select Empty Trash.
8. On the menu bar, click on the Go button and then choose Go to Folder.
9. On the field box, type in ~/Library and then select the Return button.
10. Now, you will reach the Library folder. There, open all folders relating to Avast and then delete them.
It is impossible to delete all the folders related to Avast. Therefore, this method might not completely remove the Avast app. So, if you don’t want to deal with this issue, you shall opt for the first method to delete Avast from your macOS.
Uninstall Avast on Mac using a Third-Party app
CCleaner is a helpful tool you can use to remove unwanted apps on your Mac, including Avast. With few clicks, you can remove Avast along with its files on your device. Additionally, CCleaner has options to delete large files, duplicate files, cookies, and more. By installing CCleaner on Mac, you can remove start apps and reset your browsers.
To delete Avast, open CCleaner >> Uninstall tab >> Choose Avast >> Uninstall.
Related: How to Uninstall Origin on Mac in 2 Easy Ways
Now, you have successfully uninstalled the Avast app from your Mac. Hope this article was useful enough for you to perform the same on your Mac. If you wish to find more useful articles and updates, then visit our blog.