iPhones don’t fail to amaze you with the features and designs on every new model. The same is the case with the iPhone X series that comprises iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. The iPhone X was the most awaited iPhone model ever. These models were power-packed with mind-blowing features. Thus it exceeded the expectations of its users. iPhone XS has an attractive OLED display and supports HDR as well as Dolby Vision. All the functions on these new models are simple and easy to perform. Go ahead to learn how to turn on/off iPhone XS (Max)
How to Turn On iPhone XS/XS Max
If you have iPhone XS or XS Max, you need to turn it on to use it. Apart from that, there may be many other situations when your phone might turn off, and you need to turn it on.
1. Long-press the Power/ Side button on your iPhone.
2. It makes the Apple logo appear on the iPhone screen.
3. The logo appears within five seconds.
4. Your iPhone will be turned on and you can start using it.
Related: How to Reset iPhone XS
How to Turn On iPhone XS/ XS Max when Frozen
Sometimes, you might find that the iPhone has completely frozen. As a result, it doesn’t respond to any functions that you do on your phone. It includes turning it on. In such a circumstance, a forced restart can help you fix issues on your phone. Also, note that a frozen phone will respond to a forced restart. Additionally, none of your data or settings will be lost with a forced restart.
1. Press and gently release the Volume Up button on your iPhone.
2. Similarly, press and release the Volume Down button.
3. Press and hold the Side button for a few seconds.
4. Soon, the Apple logo appears on the iPhone screen.
6. Wait for a few seconds for your iPhone to turn on.
7. Finally, you can start using your iPhone.
How to Turn Off iPhone XS using the Buttons
1. Press the side button on the right and the volume up or down button on the left at the same time.
2. Within seconds, you’ll be able to see the Power Offscreen.
3. To turn off your device, swipe the slider to the right.
How to Turn Off iPhone XS/XS Max from Settings
1. Launch Settings app.
2. Scroll down and select the option, General.
3. Locate and tap the option Shut Down.
4. The power off slider appears on the screen, drag the slider to the right and turn it off.
How to Fix iPhone XS/XS Max When it Won’t Turn On
Sometimes your phone might not turn on at all. Your screen might be frozen and unresponsive. It doesn’t happen very frequently. However, there are chances for the same to happen. So, here are a few troubleshooting tips to fix the issue.
1. Restart your iPhone
Restarting is the most important troubleshooting technique. It is because a forced restart can fix any firmware issue on your phone and turn it on. You can perform a forced restart on your iPhone XS even when the device is on and is unresponsive. To force restart your iPhone, follow the steps listed above.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone XS/XS Max
2. Put your iPhone on Charge
You might not have realized, but your phone might have drained its battery. As you know, your iPhone can’t turn on if the battery is dead. So, try charging your iPhone before trying to turn it on. Once you feel that your phone has charged enough, you can turn it on. If the phone is still not responding, do a forced restart on your device.
3. Reset iPhone in Recovery Mode
If the above methods didn’t work, the last way to turn On your iPhone XS is by resetting it. But, keep in mind that performing a reset on iPhone wipes out all the data. If force restart doesn’t work, follow the below steps to reset the iPhone in recovery mode.
1. Connect the iPhone to your PC using a lightning cable.
2. Install and launch iTunes on your PC. (Make sure to install the latest version of iTunes)
3. Now, press the Volume up button followed by the Volume down button.
4. Then, press the Side button, until you see a recovery mode screen.
5. iTunes will detect your iPhone, just tap OK in the pop-up screen and click Restore to start the process.
6. After completing the reset, the iPhone XS will work properly.
4. Contact Apple Support
If the problem still persists, then there may be a hardware-related problem in your iPhone XS. Contact Apple Support or visit a nearby Apple authorized store to resolve the issue.
These troubleshooting methods will help you turn on your phone. If your phone is still not turning on, you need to check if everything is fine with the charger. If there is no problem with the charger and the charging port, you need to repair the iPhone. Hope this article will help you turn on your iPhone XS/XS Max.
Frequently Asked Questions
To turn on iPhone XS, press and hold down the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Press the Volume Up button
Press the Volume down button
Finally, long-press the side button until the Apple logo pops up on the screen.