Notifications can be helpful when it comes to Mac, as you will get a regular update from all the applications you use. Although notification is useful on one side, it will only slow you down at work. Notifications will appear irrespective of time, even if you are in the middle of something. If you don’t want to deal with them, you have an option to disable the notifications. The procedure is easy and can be done by yourself. Learn how to turn off notifications on Mac by getting into this section in different means.
How to Turn Off Notifications on Mac from the Notifications Menu
1. Hover to the top left corner of your screen, hit the Apple icon, and tap on System Preference.
2. In the system preference section, tap Notifications.
3. Choose the Application for which you want to Turn Off the notification.
4. Set the message alert style as None to stop all the notifications from that specific application.
5. Repeat this step to all the applications that you want to disable the notifications.
Related: How to Undo and Redo on Mac
How to Turn Off Notifications on Mac from the Control Center
1. Click the Notification icon from the top right side of your screen.
- Alternatively, you can press and hold the Options key to launch the Notification Center.
2. Enable the Do Not Disturb option from the notification center.
3. The notification icon will turn to Grey. It means the Do Not Disturb option is turned on.
4. Do Not Disturb will turn off at midnight by default, or you can manually turn it off.
Schedule Do Not Disturb on MacBook
5. Navigate to System Preference and click Notifications.
6. In the Notification section, select Do Not Disturb.
7. Choose the start time and end time based on your preference, and all the notifications will be disabled during that time.
Related: How to Turn On/Off Do Not Disturb on Mac
How to Turn Off Notifications on MacBook using the Trackpad
1. Use the Trackpad on your Mac and swipe from right to left. The notification center will appear on your screen.
- Optionally, you can use two fingers to swipe down from the Notification Center.
2. You will see two options revealed on the screen.
3. Do Not Disturb will be the second option. Turn it On.
4. The Do Not Disturb option will be enabled until midnight or until you decide to turn it off.
These are the simple steps and methods to turn off the notifications on Mac. Hope you found this section helpful and interesting.
Frequently Asked Questions
To hide notification previews on Mac, Go to System Preferences >> Click Notifications >> Tap Show Previews >> Select Never.
Yes. You can disable Notifications on MacBook using Trackpad. To know more, refer to the blog.