iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max are the successors of the well-received iPhone X series. They have dimensions similar to that of an iPhone X with a 6.5 inches display. Also, they have OLED displays, and it brings you better picture quality with HDR and Dolby Vision. These features make iPhone XS/XS Max more desirable and attractive. Even though we have the 11 and 12 series, XS/XS Max is a good catch. They don’t fall far behind iPhone 11 and 12 when it comes to speed and performance. You can focus on how to turn off iPhone XS/XS Max here in this section. It will be mainly useful for the new iPhone XS and XS Max users. So, here is a very useful guide that assists you to turn on iPhone XS Max and XS.
How to Turn Off iPhone XS/XS Max
We can turn on the iPhone XS/XS Max in two different ways. The first method makes use of the buttons on your phone. At the same time, you shall turn it on using the Settings app in the second method.
1. Using the Physical Buttons
Your iPhone has the Volume buttons on the left and a Side button on the right. You can easily turn off the iPhone with these buttons. Follow these steps to turn off your iPhone.
1. Press and hold the Volume down along with the Side button.
2. A Power Slider that says ‘Slide to power off,’ appears on your screen.
3. Slide your finger on the Power Slider from left to right.
4. The Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
5. The iPhone turns off immediately.
2. Using the Settings
It is a lot simpler to turn off the iPhone with just the buttons. However, you can turn off your iPhone using the settings app. The procedure will help you a lot if one of the buttons is damaged or not working. Follow these simple steps to turn the device off.
1. Launch the Settings app on your device.
2. Tap on the General option on the Settings menu.
3. Navigate to the bottom and tap on the Shutdown option.
4. You will get the Power Slider at the top on your screen.
5. Gently slide your finger towards the right on the Power Slider.
6. With this, the iPhone turns off successfully.
Related: How to Close Apps on iPhone XS/XS Max/XR in One Minute
How to Turn Off iPhone XS Max/XS when Frozen
On rare occasions, you might find that the iPhone has completely frozen. It stops responding to any functions on your phone. If it’s frozen, you can’t turn it on or off. It is when a forced restart will help you fix issues on your phone. Also, a forced restart doesn’t delete any data or settings on your iPhone.
1. Press the iPhone’s Volume Up button and release it.
2. Now, press the Volume Down button of the device and release it.
3. Go ahead to press and hold the Side button for a few seconds.
4. Soon, the Apple logo gets displayed on the iPhone screen.
Related: How to Reset iPhone XS/XS Max to Get Factory Settings
5. The iPhone screen turns black, which means the iPhone is power down.
6. Wait for your iPhone to turn on.
7. Finally, you can start using your iPhone.
You can choose any of the ways to turn off your iPhone XS Max or iPhone XS, depending on the situation you are in. However, the most common method is turning it off using the buttons. We hope that this article was helpful enough for you to turn off your device. Further, visit our blog for more useful guides and updates.