iPhone XR is one of the newer versions of iPhones. It has been a while since its release and has become popular. iPhone XR is the successor of the iPhone X and is an affordable smartphone option. At the same time, it is one of the most well-received iPhone models. The iPhone X series includes iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR. In comparison to iPhone XS and XS Max, iPhone XR is different in dimensions and design. For instance, iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max make use of an OLED display. It brings you better visual quality and resolution. However, iPhone XR used an LCD display like iPhone 8 with lower resolutions. Also, it doesn’t support HDR and Dolby Vision. However, you don’t have to compromise much more on an iPhone XR. If you are new to your iPhone, there might be a lot of functions hard to perform. Here is a simplified guide to help you turn off your device.
How to Turn Off iPhone XR
Just like turning on iPhone XR, you can power off the device in a variety of ways. Take a glimpse of the below section.
With Physical Buttons
The physical buttons on an iPhone simply refer to the Volume buttons and the Side button. Before getting started, it is better to locate these buttons on your device. You can find the Volume buttons on the left side of the phone. Look for the Side button on the right side. Follow these simple steps to turn off iPhon.
1. Press the Volume Down along with the Side buttons of your iPhone XR at the same time.
2. A Power Slider that says ‘Slide to Power Off’ appears on your screen.
3. Slide your finger on the Power Slider from left to right.
4. With this, the iPhone XR device turns off.
Using the Settings app
Turning off your phone using the buttons is a lot simpler. But that doesn’t mean it is the only way you can turn off your phone. You can turn off your iPhone with the Settings app. Here is a simple guide for the same.
1. On your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. Tap on the General option on the Settings menu.
3. Hit the Shutdown option after rolling down the menu.
4. You will find the Power Slider on your screen.
5. Slide your finger on the Power Slider towards the right from the left.
6. Finally, the device turns off successfully.
Related: How to Reset iPhone XR to Factory Settings in 2 Ways
Why my iPhone XR Won’t Turn Off?
If your iPhone doesn’t turn off or respond to your functions, you need to restart it. A forced restart will help you resolve issues on your phone and make it as good as new. Also, note that you won’t lose any data with a forced restart.
1. Initially, press and release the Volume Up button.
2. Similarly, press and release your finger from the Volume Down button.
3. Press the iPhone XRs Side button for a few seconds.
4. Release your hold as the Apple logo appears on the screen.
5. Within a few seconds, your phone turns off completely.
6. Finally, the device turns on after a forced restart.
Try any of the above methods to turn off the iPhone. Using the buttons will be easier and convenient to turn it off. However, you can turn it off using the Settings if your buttons aren’t working. Then, you can turn it on by connecting it to a charger. Go for a forced turn-off iPhone only if it is frozen and doesn’t respond. Hope this section is helpful to turn on your iPhone XR. Visit our blog to get updated with articles.