iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus resemble the previous models a lot. However, these models have a glass finish both on their front and back. Thus it appears different from iPhone 7 series. The later models, including iPhone X, XS, and XS Max, are different from iPhone8. Apple introduces better features and designs to its new iPhone models. The previous versions of iPhones had the iconic Home button on its front. You might have noticed that the Home button is absent in the newer versions of iPhones. So, if you are new to your iPhone 8, you might find it hard to perform certain functions. These functions include turning it on, turning it off, taking screenshots, and even restarting it. In this section, we shall focus on how to turn off iPhone 8/8 Plus.
How to Turn Off iPhone 8/8 Plus using Buttons
Turning off any iPhone is a very basic function to perform. So, it must be really easy and simple to perform. We can use the buttons on the phone and its screen to turn it off. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Hold the iPhone in your hand and locate the Side button.
2. Press and hold the Side button for a few seconds.
3. A Power Slider appears on the iPhone screen.
4. Slide your finger from left to right on the Power slider.
5. Your iPhone turns off completely.
6. To Turn On iPhone 8, press the side button.
How to Turn Off iPhone 8/8 Plus without Buttons
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone 8 /8 Plus.
2. Locate and tap the option, General.
3. Scroll down to the bottom and click the option Shut Down.
4. Now, the Power Off slider screen appears.
5. Swipe the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone 8/8 Plus.
How to Turn Off iPhone 8/8 Plus When Frozen
Sometimes you might come across a frozen iPhone screen. It is due to certain minor issues with the firmware of the device. Your iPhone might not respond to any of your operations. A forced restart will help you fix these issues on your iPhone. Follow the steps given below.
1. Press the Volume Up button and then release it.
2. Also, press the Volume Down button and release it.
3. Further, press and hold the Side button for a few seconds.
4. With this, the Apple logo appears on your screen.
5. The iPhone turns off as the screen turns black.
6. After a few seconds, the Apple logo appears again on your screen.
7. It implies that your device has turned on.
That was all about powering down your iPhone 8. The most common way might be using the side button to turn off the iPhone. However, a forced restart will turn on your device after turning it off. It is a very useful troubleshooting method to fix issues on your phone. If a forced restart doesn’t help you to fix the issue, just reset the iPhone 8.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings >> Click General >> Tap Shut Down >> Move the slider to the right. Now, the device will be turned Off.
To Turn On iPhone8, just long-press the side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.