Capturing the screen of the iPhone is one of the most common functions you do. Therefore, it is necessary that taking a screenshot should be simple, and anyone using the phone can perform. iPhone 8/8 Plus are simple iPhone models and have functions similar to that of an iPhone 7 series. If you have been using an iPhone 7 or previous version, taking a screenshot on iPhone 8 is more effortless. However, iPhone 8 is different from the newer iPhone versions. If you switch to an iPhone 8 from these, then taking a screenshot can be quite confusing. Not just taking a screenshot, most basic functions are different on iPhone 8. So, you might need a guide that helps you perform the task on iPhone 8/8 Plus. In that context, we shall discuss how to take a screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus.
How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 8/8 Plus
It doesn’t take much time to take a screenshot on your iPhone 8/ 8 Plus. All the screenshot gets saved in your phone, and you can manage it properly. Also, we can take a screenshot on an iPhone 8/ 8 Plus in more than one way.
Using Home and Sleep/ Wake buttons
In this method, we are going to make use of the physical buttons on the iPhone 8/ 8Plus. It might seem to be the easiest way to capture a screenshot. Follow these simple steps to capture a screenshot on your device.
1. Turn on your iPhone 8 and stay on the webpage or app you want to capture on your iPhone.
2. Hold down and release the Sleep/ Wake button and the Home button.
3. With this, the desired screen gets captured.
4. A preview of the screenshot you have captured appears on the bottom left corner of the iPhone.
5. Tap on the preview to edit the screenshot.
6. You shall edit the screenshot by adding texts, crop, markup, etc.
7. Click on Done and then on Save to Photos.
8. Tap on the Share button and share the screenshot on other apps.
Related: How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 8/8 Plus [Easy Guide]
Using AssistiveTouch feature
AssistiveTouch is one of the mind-blowing features available on the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus models. With this feature, taking screenshots is much easier. Follow these sections to capture the screen of your iPhone 8/8 Plus.
Step 1: Enable AssistiveTouch
1. On your iPhone, select the Settings app to open it.
2. Select the General option from the menu.
3. Tap on the Accessibility option and then on the AssistiveTouch option.
4.Turn AssistiveTouch on using the toggle.
Step 2: Customize Top Level Menu
Now, you can see a semi-transparent button on your screen. It is the AssistiveTouch button. Now, we shall add the screenshot function to this button on your screen.
1. Initially, tap on the Customize Top Level Menu option.
2. Further, tap on the Plus icon or on a default icon to change.
3. Next, tap the Screenshot option and click on Done.
4. With this, the Screenshot function will be available as a part of the AssistiveTouch menu.
Step 3: Take a Screenshot
We have already set up the AssistiveTouch button and added the Screenshot function to it. All we need to do is take the required screenshot.
1. Stay on the screen of which you need a screenshot.
2. Navigate to select the Assistive Touch button on the iPhone screen.
3. Further, click on the Screenshot icon.
4. With this, the screenshot is captured.
Either way, you can take screenshots on your iPhone 8/8 Plus. However, using the buttons might be a lot easier and comfortable. Even if your buttons aren’t functioning properly, you can take screenshots using the AssistiveTouch feature. Hope you find this article useful in taking screenshots. You can find more useful guides and tips on our blog.