iPhone X is one of the latest versions of the iPhone released in 2017. It was a much-awaited model of the iPhone and was well received by the users. Also, the iPhone stood up to the expectation of the masses. iPhone X had a lot of revamped features in it and has the iconic Home button excluded. Apple claimed that iPhone X represents the future of smartphones to be ever made. They have a lot of advanced features, including their display, processor, and camera. However, iPhone X is still a decent phone to own among all smartphones available in today’s market. One of the most important functions you do on your new iPhone X would be setting up a voicemail in it. So, this section will guide you on how to set up voicemail on iPhone X.
How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone X
You can set up a voicemail on your iPhone X using your Phone app. Also, it supports adding your voicemail greeting. If you have previously set up voicemail on iPhone 11 or 12, you might find it very easy on iPhone X as well. Follow this simple guide to get the work done.
1. Initially, tap on the Phone app from your iPhone X home screen to launch it.
2. You can see the Voicemail tab in the bottom-right corner of the Phone app. Further, tap on the Voicemail tab.
3. Then select the Set Up Now button from the center of the screen.
4. Enter the Voicemail Password and tap on Done.
5. When prompted, re-enter the Voicemail Password and press Done.
6. You can add a voicemail greeting or simply go with a default greeting.
7. Tap on Default and use a default greeting message.
8. Tap on Custom and record a new greeting and then tap on Save.
9. With this, your voicemail inbox appears on your screen.
Related: How to Turn On iPhone X in Easy Ways | Tips & Tricks
How to Access Voicemail on iPhone X
After setting up voicemail on iPhone X, you can access them. All the voicemails are in the Phone app.
1. From your iPhone X home screen, tap on the Phone app.
2. Select the Voicemail icon on your screen.
3. The voicemails will be listed there. Select any of them you want to listen to.
4. The following functions will help you manage voicemails.
- Use Play to play the message.
- With Pause, you can pause the message.
- Use Speaker to activate or deactivate Speaker.
- With Call Back, you can call the person who sent the voicemail.
- Use Delete to Delete the voicemail.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone X [ 2 Different Ways]
Why is My Voicemail Unavailable on my iPhone X
If there are some issues on your provider network, the voicemail won’t be available on your iPhone X. An error message that says ‘Voicemail Currently Unavailable’ appears on your screen. A few troubleshooting tips you could try when you face these issues are listed down.
Turn On & Off Airplane Mode
Turning on the AirPlane mode will disconnect you from the network provider. At the same time, you can establish a connection back by turning the AirPlane mode off again. Turning on your AirPlane mode and turning it off again after 20 to 25 seconds can help you fix issues. Go to Settings > AirPlane Mode > turn it on. You shall turn it off after the required time.
Turn on Cellular Data
For receiving the voicemail, you require your Mobile Data. Sometimes, Voicemails won’t load because you have connected to the Wi-Fi. If you are already using the Cellular data, then turn it off. You can turn it on after 20 to 25 seconds. Go to Settings > Cellular Data > Turn it on.
Reset Network Settings
You need to reset your network settings to fix issues with Voicemail. For this, go to Settings> General> Reset> Reset Network Settings. You don’t need to worry as this won’t delete any data on your iPhone X.
These troubleshooting tips will always come in handy if you have issues with Voicemail. If these don’t work, try restarting your phone. Again if it doesn’t work, you need to contact carrier support and get help. Hope this session has helped you set up and access voicemail on iPhone X. You can find more guides and articles on our blog.