iPhone 6 and 6S belong to the older versions of iPhones. It was launched back in 2014 as a successor of the iPhone 5S. In comparison to iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 has better features and was well received. iPhone 6 had an upgraded camera, a better design, and good battery life than its predecessors. Whatever be the case, iPhone 6 currently belongs to the discontinued iPhone models. Still, there are a lot of iPhone 6 users who find it comfortable to use. Voicemail is one of the most useful features of any smartphone. When it comes to an iPhone, you can easily set up voicemail using the Phone app. If you are wondering how to set up voicemail on your iPhone 6/6S, the entire article deals with the same.
How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 6/6S
If you are new to your iPhone, you might find it hard to set up a voicemail. However, it is quite easy to set up voicemail on your iPhone 6/ 6S.
1. Initially, open the Phone app from the home screen.
2. Locate the Voicemail tab on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
3. Tap on the Voicemail icon and then on the Set Up Now option.
4. You need to enter the Voicemail Password in the space provided and then tap on Done.
5. If prompted, re-enter the Voicemail Password and then tap on Done.
6. You can either set up a Custom greeting and a Default greeting.
7. If you want to go with a default greeting, tap on Default.
8. Or else, tap on Custom to record a new greeting and then tap on Save.
9. Finally, you can see the voicemail inbox on your screen
How to Access the Voicemail on iPhone 6/6S
Now that you have set up voicemails, you can easily access them in the Phone app. To access and mage these voicemails, follow these steps.
1. Initially, launch the Phone app from your home screen.
2. Next, tap on the Voicemail tab on the bottom-right of your screen.
3. You will find all the voicemails you have so far received. Tap on any voicemail you want to listen to.
4. Also, manage the voicemails using the Play, Pause, Speaker, Delete, and Call back functions.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 6/6S in 2 Easy Ways
Why is the Voicemail Unavailable on my iPhone 6/6S
Are your voicemails not showing up after setting them up? It might be due to issues on your provider network. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you with the same.
You might not be aware that voicemails work only on Cellular or Mobile Data. So, turn on the Mobile data to access your voicemails. However, if you are already using the cellular data, turn it off. Further, turn it on after waiting for nearly thirty seconds. Now, try accessing your Voicemails on your Phone app.
You disconnect your iPhone from your provider network by turning on the Airplane Mode. So, it can help you fix issues with your voicemail. Initially, turn on the Airplane mode on your iPhone 6. Keep it the same for around 30 seconds, and then turn off the AirPlane mode. Your iPhone gets connected to the provider’s network within a few seconds. Try accessing the voicemails after this.
Related: How to Restart iPhone 6/6S in Two Ways to Fix Issues
Reset Network Settings
One of the most important troubleshooting tips for fixing voicemail issues is resetting the network settings. To rest the network settings, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Try accessing the voicemails after a network setting reset.
Voicemail is a very useful feature, especially for people who miss calls frequently. Now that you have set up a voicemail, you can easily screen your missed calls on any day. Also, manage your voicemails with ease on your iPhone 6. Find more useful articles and updates on our blog.