A voicemail is a recorded audio or voice message sent from a caller to the recipient. Sometimes, when you couldn’t attend a phone call, you can get a voicemail from the caller. In other words, it lets your caller leave a voice message if you can’t answer the call. With this, the caller can let you know the purpose of their call. It is important to set up voicemails on your iPhone. If you have bought a new iPhone 12, the very first thing you need to do is to set up a voicemail. The procedures to use voicemail are the same for all models of iPhone. In this article, let’s focus on how to set up voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
How to Set Up Voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max
You can set up voicemail on an iPhone 12 Pro Max in the Phone app. To do it, follow the steps given below.
1. Turn On your iPhone 12 Pro Max and launch the Phone app.
2. Tap the Voicemail icon displayed at the bottom.
Note: The voicemail icon looks like two circles connected by a straight line at the bottom.
3. If you are using Voicemail for the first time, tap the Set Up Now option and follow the on-screen prompts.
4. Now, create a voicemail password. Then, copy and paste the password into the Notes app of your iPhone. If you can’t remember the password next time, you can refer to the Notes app to know about the Voicemail password.
5. Re-enter the voicemail password and click Done.
6. The next prompt is to create a greeting. Tap Default or Custom as required.
7. If you choose Custom, record your greeting by clicking on the Record option.
8. Further tap on Stop after recording it. Tap on Play and listen to the recording.
9. Finally, click on Save to complete the process.
How to Use Voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max
Follow these simple steps to access Voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max.
1. Open the Phone app from the home screen.
2. Tap on the Voicemail icon on the bottom right of your screen.
3. From the list of voicemails, select the one you want to listen to.
4. You can see certain icons on the screen.
- Play: To play the message.
- Pause: To pause the message.
- Speaker: To activate or deactivate Speaker.
- Call Back: To call the person who sent the voicemail.
- Delete: To Delete the voicemail.
- Share: Share the voicemail via email or messaging apps.
How to Set a Visual Voicemail Transcription on iPhone 12 Pro Max
Most of the carriers in the US let you get transcribed voicemails. If you want to transcribe voicemails, follow these steps.
1. On your iPhone 12 Pro Max, open the Phone app.
2. Further, tap on the Voicemail option.
3. Tap on any recent voicemail and you will see the transcription of the voicemail on the screen.
4. The transcription message might include _ in them. It represents inaudible words or parts of the voicemail.
5. Also, tap on the Share icon to share the transcribed voicemail via Mail or iMessage.
Setting up voicemail on iPhone 12 Pro Max is that simple. You can also use the above steps to set the voicemail on iPhone 12 variants such as iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, and iPhone 12 Pro. Voicemail is one of the efficient ways to exchange personal voice messages.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can set voicemail from the Phone app on your iPhone 12 Pro Max. To know about the steps, refer to the blog.
Follow the below steps to troubleshoot the voicemail not working problem.
* Check internet connection and restart iPhone 12 Pro Max
* Reset Network Settings.
To change the voicemail password, go to Settings >> Click Phone >> Tap Change Voicemail Password >> Enter new password >> Tap Save.