Those Apple users might have known what Apple TV is and its features. For others, Apple TV is a popular streaming device that lets you watch all your favorite media content in 4K quality. Apple TV is available in 2nd, 3rd generation, Apple TV 4K, and Apple TV HD (5th Gen). It scores heavily on the user interface, software, picture, and sound quality. You can install the streaming apps from Apple TV App Store. Further, it supports almost every audio and video format. The latest model of Apple TV features a faster A12 Bionic chip support for high-framerate HDR and a redesigned Siri remote. Lately, Apple TV supports the dark theme and light themes. To use all of its features, you should set up the Apple TV, if you are using it for the first time. If you aren’t sure to do it, get the complete guidelines from this blog.
How to Set Up Apple TV
Here is the step-by-step procedure to set up your Apple TV.
- A 4K or HD TV with HDMI port
- An HDMI cable to plug your Apple TV to your TV
- A strong internet connection
- Apple ID
- Ethernet cable
1. Insert the one end of the HDMI cable into the Apple TV HDMI port and connect the other end to your TV’s HDMI port.
2. Connect the power cable to your Apple TV and insert it into the power outlet.
How to Set Up Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD (4th & 5th Generation)
1. Switch on your TV and select the HDMI input to which your Apple TV is connected.
3. Next, select your preferred language.
3. Further, select your Region.
4. Tap on Continue to accept the Data & Privacy conditions. To get more information about it, click on Learn More option.
5. On the next screen, tap on Set Up With iPhone option.
Note: You can also set up your Apple TV manually, but it is a time-consuming process because you have to type your Apple ID and Passcode using the Apple TV remote. If you have a Siri remote, you can do it easily.
6. Now, on your iPhone, select the Set Up option.
7. Proceed to type the Authentication Code that was displayed on your Apple TV.
8. Next, hit Done to use the remote on your iPhone.
9. Then, you will be asked whether you have a TV provider subscription. If you have, click Sign In and follow the on-screen instructions. If not, click on the Not Now button.
10. Select the room where your TV is placed. If you have not set up your Home app, you have to go ahead with the other on-screen directions.
11. Tap the Automatically Download or Not Now option when asked if you want to see HD videos as a screensaver.
12. Select Continue if you want the Apple TV to copy the settings from your iPhone.
13. Further, click Share with App Developer tile.
14. Next, choose to Agree to the terms and conditions. If you disagree, you cannot use your tvOS.
15. Finally, select the Share Audio Recordings option.
16. Now, you have successfully set up your Apple TV, and the home screen will load up.
How to Set Up Apple TV using Siri Remote
1. Connect your Apple TV to your TV HDMI port and connect it to the internet connection using ethernet or WiFi.
2. Turn on your Apple TV and connect to the input where the Apple TV is connected.
3. Now, the Apple TV set-up screen will appear.
4. Pair the Siri remote with your Apple TV by pressing the touchpad at the top of the remote.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts. When you are asked, Sign in to your TV provider account.
6. When the setup is over, you can install apps from App Store and stream the shows.
Related: How to Reset an Apple TV Remote in All Possible Ways
How to Set Up Apple TV Without Remote [Automatically with an iOS or iPad Device]
Upon setting up Apple TV using iPhone/iPad, you can transfer your WiFi network, password, and Apple ID account details to Apple TV. Make sure from an iOS device with iOS 9.1 or later or using an iPadOS device with iPadOS 13 or later.
1. On your Apple TV, when the setup screen is shown, unlock your iOS or iPadOS device and ensure that Bluetooth and WiFi are turned on.
2. Now, hold the device closer to Apple TV and proceed with the on-screen instructions on your iOS or iPadOS devices and Apple TV.
Note: Automatic setup doesn’t transfer any info for third-party apps.
That’s it. Now, you have successfully set up your Apple TV. The setup is very easy, and thanks to Apple’s ecosystem and the Apple TV just copies settings and passwords from your iPhone when you take it near the device at set up. You can access thousands of apps from Apple TV. Set up the device and get access to streaming services like Disney+, Netflix, Paramount+, and many more. If this blog meets all your requirements, do comment below.