FaceTime is the built-in free video-conferencing app developed by Apple Inc. that comes preinstalled for iOS and Mac. It is the go-to app for Apple users when it comes to video calling. This app previously lacked screen sharing options that other third-party apps like zoom provided. Apple has made the screen sharing option available to iOS device users because sharing your screen is an integral part of every meeting now. Now, you can binge-watch your favorite shows with your friend while staying connected on FaceTime. You will find this feature available with iOS 15. In this article, we will show you how to Screen Share on FaceTime with iOS 15.
How to Screen Share on FaceTime
1. Open FaceTime on your iOS device
2. Tap on New FaceTime and add the contacts that you want to share your screen with.
3. Next, tap the FaceTime button.
4. Once the call connects, tap on the SharePlay button. You will find it on the top right.
5. Then, tap Share My Screen in the dropdown menu
6. You will see a three-second countdown on your screen. After that, your screen will go live.
7. Once FaceTime screen sharing is live, you can open any app that you want to share with your friends.
8. A screen share icon will stay on your screen’s top-left, indicating you are live. Tap on the icon to reveal the Control Panel.
9. If you need more screen space, you can swipe away the active caller’s face to the side. You can bring them back onto the screen by swiping them back in from the side.
Related: How to Zoom In and Out on a Mac Screen [Possible Ways]
How to Resolve Screen Share Not Working on iPhone
Face Time SharePlay was one of the key features of iOS 15 during its beta days. When the stable version came out, the feature was not available, and many users were miffed about it. That’s why you are unable to access the feature as of right now. The Apple support team has addressed the issue in a tweet letting the community know that the Share time feature will be available soon by this fall as they are taking a bit of time to tune this feature to perfection. Apple has also updated its iOS features list by adding an asterick next to the SharePlay feature confirming the same. You can check out the updated features list here. All we can do right now is wait for the next software update.
Hope this article was able to paint a clear picture of how to Screen Share on FaceTime with iOS 15. With this, you can watch movies, listen to music, and do more. For more cool tips and tricks for your Apple devices, visit our blog.