If your iPhone 7/7 Plus is showing some issues with its functioning, a restart can help you. For instance, if your iPhone is too slow, has glitches, or freezes suddenly, a restart helps to fix them. The method of doing a restart on your iPhone might vary according to the model you are using. It is because of the introduction of new designs in the latest iPhone models. So, you may find difficulty in performing a restart on your device. If that is the scenario you face, here is a detailed guide to help you restart your iPhone 7/ 7 Plus in two ways.
How to Restart iPhone 7/7 Plus
A restart of your iPhone 7/7 Plus will be a useful troubleshooting method that can help you fix most issues on your iPhone. Also, there is more than one single way to turn on your iPhone. The method you adopt depends on the type of issues on your iPhone. Let’s discuss these methods in detail in this section.
Soft Reset/General Restart
A general restart can help you fix minor issues on your iPhone 7/7 Plus. In this method, we are going to turn off our device and then turn it on. Follow this simple guide to perform a general restart on your device.
1. Initially, locate the Sleep/Wake button on the right side of your iPhone.
2. Long press the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds.
3. Soon, a Power Slider appears on your iPhone’s screen.
4. Slide your finger through the Power Slider from left to right.
5. Immediately, your iPhone 7 turns off completely.
6. Leave the iPhone power off for around 30 seconds or more.
7. Again, long-press the Sleep/ Wake button for a few seconds.
8. Wait for the Apple logo to appear on the screen.
9. With this, your iPhone 7 will turn on after the restart.
Related: How to Turn On iPhone 7/7 Plus [Possible Ways] | Explained
Hard Reset/Forced Restart iPhone 7 Plus/7
A hard Reset or Forced restart can help you fix issues in the firmware of your iPhone. In this method, we forcefully turn off the iPhone and then turn it on. The below steps is all you need to follow to restart your iPhone 7 Plus/7.
The forced restart can help you fix major issues in the firmware. For instance, if your iPhone’s screen is frozen and unresponsive, you can perform a forced restart.
1. Initially, locate the Volume Down button on the left and Sleep/ Wake button on the right side of your iPhone 7.
2. Continue holding these two buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
3. The Apple logo appears on your screen within 10 seconds.
Related: How to Take a Screenshot on iPhone 7/7 Plus [2 Ways]
4. Soon, your iPhone 7 turns off completely.
5. After a few seconds, the iPhone turns on after the restart.
You can restart your phone in either of the above-mentioned ways. Your phone will respond to this restart and fixes itself. Hope this article was of help to you in restarting your iPhone 7/ 7 Plus. Also, find more updates and articles on our blog.