Whatever be the iPhone model you are on, you might come across minor issues. These issues can be eliminated efficiently with a simple restart. Within the small time break of a restart, the device returns to its better self. After the reset, you can feel that your iPhone works just fine. iPhone 6 and iPhone 6S are two older models of iPhones with a 5.5-inch display and a physical Home button in them. It was in the iPhone 6 that the 3D display was first introduced. Earlier it was introduced into Apple watches as force touch technology. However, you can find more advanced technologies and features in the newer iPhone models. In this article, let’s look at the steps to restart iPhone 6 or 6S.
Two Ways to Restart iPhone 6
Restart is a very useful troubleshooting tip that helps you to fix minor issues on your iPhone. There are two ways to restart iPhone 6. They are listed below.
- General Restart
- Force Restart
How to Restart iPhone 6S/6
Follow these steps to perform a general restart on your iPhone 6.
1. Initially, turn on your iPhone 6 and locate the Side button displayed on the right side of the iPhone 6.
2. Long press the Side button for a few seconds.
3. Within a few seconds, a Power Slider appears on the screen.
4. Swipe the Power Slider from left to right to turn off the device.
5. Finally, your iPhone turns off completely.
6. To turn it On, wait for a few seconds and long-press the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.
Related: How to Reset iPhone 6/6S
How to Force Restart iPhone 6/6S
A frozen screen is not a frequent issue on iPhones. Still, you can’t rule out the chances of it happening on your device. Some internal issues or network issues might be the cause. A forced restart is the only way to fix frozen screens. Force Restart also helps to eliminate the black screen problem. Refer to the steps given below to force restart your iPhone 6.
1. Locate the Home button at the center and the Sleep/ Wake button on the right side of your iPhone 6.
2. Long press these two buttons for a few seconds.
3. The Apple logo appears on your screen in a few seconds.
4. Within no time, your iPhone 6 turns off completely.
5. A few seconds later, the iPhone 6 turns on.
6. Now, you can use the iPhone 6/6s without any lags or freezes.
Based on the issues on your iPhone, you can restart your phone in one of these ways. The above methods is applicable for all the models of iPhone 6 including the iPhone 6S Plus and iPhone 6 Plus. If the restart doesn’t help you to fix the iPhone issues, you might need to reset it. With a reset, your device becomes as good as new. However, all the content and settings on your device get removed with a reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
The only way to overcome this situation is by doing a Force Restart. To do that, follow the steps listed above.
The first thing to do is to enable Assistive Touch in Settings.
Then, tap the Assisstive touch box on the home screen and hit the option Devices.
Now, long press the lock screen icon until the Power off slider pops up.
Swipe the slider to the right and power off you device. Finally, connect the lightning cable to the iPhone 6 and it will automatically turn On.
Long press the Sleep/wake button until a slider appears. Just swipe the slider to the right and power off your iPhone 6S.