Resetting your iPhone XR refers to making your phone as it was when you first bought it. It means that all the content on your phone, including the settings, gets deleted. Finally, your phone turns to its factory settings. Your phone might have frequent issues, including glitches or lags. Resetting the device will help you fix these issues. So, it is a useful troubleshooting method. Also, you need to reset your iPhone XR, if you are going to sell it or give it to someone else to use. By removing all the content and settings, others can use your phone conveniently. Here, we shall focus on two ways to reset your iPhone XR device.
How to Reset iPhone XR using Settings
You can factory reset your iPhone XR with the Settings app on your phone. Follow these simple steps and reset your device to factory settings.
1. Initially, open the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on the Apple ID profile at the top of the menu.
3. When the menu opens up, choose the Find My option.
4. Tap on Find My iPhone and turn it off after entering the Apple ID.
5. Go back to the Apple ID profile page and click on Sign out.
6. Tap on the General option and then click the Reset option.
7. Further, tap on Erase all contents and settings.
8. Enter your password and click on Confirm.
9. Tap on the Erase iPhone option.
10. The Apple logo appears on the screen, and the reset begins.
11. The rest completes in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Alternative Method: Hard Reset iPhone XR using iTunes
You can reset your iPhone XR by using the iTunes application on your PC or Mac. First, you have to make sure that your iTunes is updated to the latest version and then take a backup of your data. After the restart, all the contents and settings on your iPhone get lost. Follow the below steps and reset your iPhone using iTunes.
1. Power on your Windows or Mac PC and launch iTunes on it.
2. Using the USB cable, connect your iPhone XR to your PC or Mac.
3. Gently press and release the Volume up button.
4. Long press the Volume Down button along with the Side button. Keep on holding till your phone reaches Recovery mode.
5. Now, a prompt appears on your computer. Click on the Restore option and then on Restore and update.
6. Click on Next, and then tap I Agree.
7. Within a few minutes, the Apple logo appears on your iPhone.
8. Soon, a message appears that “iPhone is restored” on the computer screen.
9. Further, the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen again.
10. Finally, click OK on your computer screen.
11. That’s it. Your iPhone XR has become as good as new.
Either way, you can choose to reset your phone to get the work done. A reset can be of great help in fixing errors on your phone. At times, you might accidentally enter the wrong password making your iPhone disabled. In such a condition, a reset will help you. If you are facing freezing issues, restart your iPhone XR instead of performing a reset. Keep in mind that performing a reset removes all the content on your iPhone. So, make sure to take a backup before doing a reset.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reset iPhone XR, go to Settings >> Click General >> Tap Reset >> Select Erase All Content and Settings >> Tap Erase iPhone.
You can perform a hard reset on iPhone XR using iTunes. To know about the steps, refer to the blog.