iPhone 6 belonged to the eighth generation of iPhones and was released in September 2014. It was the successor of the iPhone 5S and had better processors and an upgraded camera. Also, iPhone 6 had a better display and a larger screen in comparison to the iPhone 5. Similarly, iPhone 6S was the successor to the iPhone 6. Years have passed since its release, and Apple has released a lot of new iPhone models. These models have a lot of advanced and reimagined features in comparison to an iPhone 6. Eventually, Apple discontinued manufacturing iPhone 6 in 2015. So, it is better for you to switch to newer iPhone models. However, if you have an old iPhone 6/6S that you need to sell, then this section is for you. It is because we are going to discuss how to reset your iPhone 6/6S before selling it.
How to Reset iPhone 6/6S
Reset here refers to a factory reset and it removes all the contents and settings on your device. As a result, your iPhone recovers the settings that it had when you first bought it.
1. Start by launching the Settings app on your iPhone.
2. Tap on your Apple ID profile at the top of the menu.
3. Move down the menu and tap on Sign out.
4. Input the Apple ID Password and select the Turn off option.
5. On the following page, click on Sign Out on the top-right corner of your screen.
6. Within a few seconds, the device will sign out of the Apple ID.
7. Now, tap on the General option on the settings menu.
8. Get down the menu to tap on the Reset option.
9. Tap on the Erase All Content and Settings option.
Related: How to Turn On iPhone 6/6S in All Possible Ways
10. Tap on the Erase iPhone option.
11. Again, tap on the Erase iPhone option if prompted.
12. The Apple logo displays on the iPhone screen, and the reset will begin.
13. Finally, the reset completes in about 5 to 10 minutes.
Alternative Way: How to Factory Reset iPhone 6S/6 using iTunes
If you don’t know the password of your iPhone, you can reset it using iTunes. The same is the case when your iPhone is disabled, and you can’t access its content. Still, you can’t access any of its content after the reset. For this, you need iTunes on your PC or Mac.
1. Open the iTunes software on your PC or Mac.
2. Long press the iPhone’s Power button until the Power Slider appears on the screen.
3. Slide your finger on the Power Slider from left to right and turn off your iPhone 6.
4. Now, connect your iPhone 6 to your PC or Mac using a USB cable.
5. Press and hold both the Volume Down button and the Power button.
6. Keep holding for a few seconds till your computer can read your iPhone.
7. Within no time, your phone reaches Recovery mode. With this, you will see the iTunes symbol on your iPhone screen as well.
Related: What iPhone Do I Have | Find iPhone Model Number Easily
8. Soom, a prompt pops up on your computer. Click on Restore and then on Restore and update.
9. Further, click on the Next option and then on I Agree.
10. iTunes starts downloading the software for the reset. The process will take a while.
11. A message telling you that the iPhone has been restored appears on the computer screen.
12. You can see the Apple logo appears on your iPhone screen.
13. Finally, the reset process ends, and you can start setting up your iPhone.
It is necessary that you need to soft or hard reset your iPhone 6/6S before selling it to someone. Also, the new user can log in to their Apple ID and start using their iPhone. A reset can also be a troubleshooting method to fix glitches and frequent screen freezing issues on your iPhone 6. Hope you found this session useful in resetting your device. Get more articles and updates on our blog.