There are multiple occasions when you feel like you need to record your iPhone screen. For instance, you see an Instagram video and need a recording or do a tutorial video on your iPhone. Whatever be the reason, iPhone has a very cool and simple built-in recording facility. After recording and editing your iPhone screen recording, you can share them with your friends on Twitter, Instagram, and many other applications. If you think the iPhone screen recording is not enough then, we have other options. The App Store itself hosts multiple apps for screen recording. In this section, we shall look into depth at this screen recording method on an iPhone.
How to Record iPhone Screen
We can simply use the built-in features of an iPhone for screen recording. The app supports editing, and you can share your recording on other apps as well. Follow these steps to record your iPhone screen with the built-in features.
1. Open the Settings menu on your iPhone.
2. On the menu, tap Control Center.
3. Further, tap the More Controls/Customize Controls option.
4. Scroll down to the Screen Recording option and click on the + (Add) icon.
5. Launch the Control Center on your iPhone.
6. Further, tap the Record button.
7. Also, tap the Microphone icon if you wish to record audio.
8. Then tap on the Start Recording option.
9. Finally, the screen recording starts after a small countdown of three seconds.
10. To stop recording, tap the Record button.
11. Or, tap on the Status bar on top and then tap Stop.
Related: iPhone Screen Recording with Sound: How to Do it
How to Edit the iPhone Screen Recording
After recording your iPhone screen, you can edit it on your device easily. After editing, you can save the file as a new clip. Therefore, you can have both copies and compare your edit as well. Follow these steps and edit your recording.
1. Navigate to click on the Photos app on your iPhone.
2. The most recent item on your Photos app will be the new screen recording. Tap the Video to open it.
3. Next, tap the Edit button to proceed further.
4. From the bottom of your screen, drag the arrow from the left to right to trim your video.
5. Play the video to know how far you have trimmed the same.
6. Further tap Done, once you are OK with the edit.
7. Finally, tap the Save as New Clip option.
How to Screen Record iPhone using a Third-Party App
The iPhone App Store hosts multiple screen recording apps. TechSmith Capture is one of the best screen recording apps for iPhone. After recording on the app, you can edit it on TechSmith Camtasia, if needed. To record your iPhone screen with TechSmith Capture, follow these instructions.
1. On your iPhone, install the TechSmith Capture app from the App Store.
2. Once installed, you can go ahead to launch the app.
3. From the upper-right corner, tap the Record button.
4. Further, tap the Microphone icon to record the audio.
5. Next, select Start Broadcast.
6. With a countdown of three, the recording begins.
7. You can now start recording on your iPhone screen.
8. The maximum time limit of recording is 20 minutes.
9. As the recording ends, tap the Recording progress bar on the top-left corner.
Related: iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound Issue: Best Possible Fixes
10. Finally, you can find the recording on Capture.
11. Tap the new recording and then on Share.
Apart from TechSmith Capture, we have many cool screen recording apps on your App Store for download. Some of the other apps include Record It!, AirScr Screen Recorder, Screen Recorder Pro, and Screen Recorder – RecPro. You can use any of these apps to efficiently record your iPhone screen. Hope this article helps you a lot to record your iPhone screen. If you like to get more useful guidelines, visit our blog.