Apple Watch not only tracks your fitness routine, but you can also use it to play music. It has a built-in application with which you can play and listen to music using Bluetooth devices. For this, you must have a subscription to Apple Music. In addition, you can sync music on your Apple Watch or install apps such as Spotify, Pandora, and iHeartRadio app. Also, you can request and add music to your watchOS via your paired iOS device. In addition, you can listen to them the music offline. But you must have an internet connection to listen to music on Apple Music. Most Apple Watch users like to listen to music as they never want to use their iPhone to do it. They can easily listen to music via a single tap on their Apple Watch. Learn how to play music on Apple Watch by getting into this section.
How to Play Music on Apple Watch
You can listen to music without pairing an iPhone. However, to install certain music apps from the App Store on your Apple Watch, you require an internet connection. And to listen to a better quality of music, you need to connect your Apple Watch to a Bluetooth Network.
How to Connect to a Wi-Fi on Apple Watch
The steps to connect to Wi-Fi on Apple Watch are as follows:
1. Press the Digital Crown on your Apple Watch.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Toggle on the switch of the Wi-Fi.
4. Now, choose the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
5. Enter the password by scribbling or using the Apple Keyboard.
6. Now, you have successfully connected to a Wi-Fi network.
How to Pair a Bluetooth Earphone to Apple Watch
The steps are given below to Connect an AirPods to your Apple Watch:
1. Place the AirPods on the Charging case.
2. Open the lid and press the Pairing button until it flashes white.
3. Open Settings on your Apple Watch.
4. Tap on Bluetooth, and it will automatically search for available devices.
5. Select your AirPods to connect.
6. Now, you are all set up. Now you can listen to music using your Apple Watch.
How to Sync Music to Apple Watch
One other method to listen to music without pairing iPhone is by syncing your iPhone’s music to Apple TV.
1. Connect your Apple Watch to a power source.
2. Turn on Bluetooth on your iPhone.
3. Open the Watch App on your iPhone.
4. Tap on the My Watch tab.
5. Toggle on Recent Music in the Automatically Add section.
6. Tap on Add Music in the Album & Playlist section and select any music that you want to listen to.
7. Connect the Charger to your Apple Watch until all the music is synced.
8. Now, you don’t need an iPhone to listen to music.
How to Sync Music using iCloud
You will have an option to sync music to your iCloud with an Apple Music subscription. If you have an Apple Music subscription, you can follow the steps below:
1. Open the Settings on your iPhone.
2. Tap on Music from the Settings.
3. In the Library section, toggle On the iCloud Music Library.
4. You can choose either Keep Music or Delete & Replace the music to the iCloud by selecting the respective options.
Now, all the music will sync to your iCloud account.
How to Add Music to Apple Watch
1. Download songs that you want to add to your Apple Music. Then connect your Apple Watch to a power source.
2. Open the Watch Application on your iPhone and in the My Watch tab and select Music. In the music menu, you can add music to your Apple watch either manually or automatically.
3. Turn on the Heavy Rotation to make Apple add music based on your preference automatically. Click on the Add Music button to manually select music and add it to your device.
4. You will be notified once all the music you selected is added.
How to Listen to Synced Music on Apple Watch
Follow the below steps after connecting your Apple Watch to a Bluetooth device to listen to music.
1. Unlock your Apple Watch and open the Apple Music app that is preinstalled.
2. On opening the app, three options get displayed on your watch: On iPhone, Shuffle All, and Library.
3. Once you have paired your watch with an iOS device. It will display on the Apple Music application.
4. You can choose between any of the three options:
- On iPhone to browse music on your iPhone and play it.
- With the Shuffle option, you can shuffle all the music across the playlist as it prevents repeated tracks.
- Using the Library option, you can play and download music online with a subscription. Otherwise, this option will not appear on the screen.
5. Turn on the digital crown to scroll down or up. Then, select an album or a song to listen to music, etc. You can also use a digital crown to set your music low and high.
7. Alternatively, you can choose a playlist that you added to your library to play music. You can play the music that you have downloaded by choosing it in the downloaded section.
8. You can also request music by using the apple music search bar. Alternatively, you can give voice commands over Siri to play music.
9. Pause, forward, or backward music by clicking on the respective buttons.
Related: How to Use Podcasts on Apple Watch in Two Easy Ways
You can add your favorite music to the Apple Watch using your iPhone. The steps are given below:
How to Open Queue on Apple Music
Learn to open a queue on Apple Music if you want to see the list of upcoming songs when playing music.
1. Launch the Music app on your watchOS.
2. Choose a playlist or album to play.
3. Go ahead to press the Menu icon.
4. Tap on the music to play in the queue.
Alternative Ways to Listen to Music on Apple Watch Without iPhone
Music apps such as Pandora, Spotify, iHeartRadio app are available for your Apple Watch OS 6 or higher. So, you can install these apps from the App Store. And you can also choose to be a premium subscriber or can continue to use the free version. The steps to install applications on Apple Watch are given below:
1. For instance, let us choose the Spotify app to install. However, you can choose other applications like Pandora and iHeartRadio. And the below procedure applies to all the mentioned applications.
2. Connect your Apple Watch to a Wi-Fi network.
3. Press the Digital Crown button on your Apple Watch.
4. Tap on the App Store from the home screen.
5. Tap on the Search Bar at the tap.
6. Select scribble or Dictation to search the application you want to install.
6. Tap on the Get button to install the application on your Apple Watch.
7. Now, you can connect to AirPods and open any application.
8. Then, select any music to listen to without an iPhone.
Related: How to Use Siri on Apple Watch in the Best Way
These are the details you should know before playing music on Apple Watch. If you prefer using Siri, you can ask it to play a song for you on watchOS. It is the simplest option to play any music on Apple Watch. Hope you found this section helpful and interesting. For more such useful article updates, you shall visit our blog.