Apple releases new iOS software to enhance the Apple user’s experience. Before the software comes to the users officially, Apple releases a test version called Beta. If you want to access the new software before its release, you can install Apple Beta Software on your iPhone. By installing the Beta software, you can take advantage of the latest features of Apple Platforms and check the compatibility of the existing apps on your iPhone. If you have development devices registered under Apple Developer Program membership, you shall install the beta version. Now, the latest released beta software is iOS15. The new software includes a lot of new features for Apple users. If you want to get the iOS 15 beta on your iPhone, you must go through this article.
Important Note: Installing Beta software in an unauthorized way is against Apple policy, and it results in out-of-warranty repair.
How to Get iOS 15 Beta on your iPhone
If you want to use iOS 15 before the release, sign up for the Apple Beta Software program and install it with the simple steps given below. To get the Apple Beta Software program, you should register and enroll for the iOS public beta.
How to Register for the iOS 15 Public Beta
1. Launch the Safari browser and go to the beta.apple.com website on the iPhone you want to enroll in the beta.
2. Choose the Sign Up option. If you have signed in previously, click on Sign in and enter your details.
3. Provide your Apple ID and Password and tap the sign-in button.
4. Select Accept to go ahead with the terms and conditions.
5. Further, scroll down to the Get Started section and select Enroll your iOS device.
6. Follow the instructions carefully to create a backup on your iPhone.
7. On Apple’s instructions page, click on Download Profile.
8. Select Allow to download a configuration profile on the pop-up that appears.
9. In the confirmation box, select the Close option.
10. Further, navigate to Settings and select the Profile Downloaded option.
11. Select Install from the upper-right corner of the screen.
12. Enter your Passcode and select the Install button.
13. Once again, click Install for the confirmation.
14. When you are asked to restart your iPhone, select the Restart option.
To Check for Software Updates:
- With that, get back to Settings >> General >> Software Update >> Download and Install. Once the beta update gets downloaded, select Install Now. The device will restart, and you will be running iOS.
To Uninstall iOS Beta Profile:
- If you have an older beta profile on iOS, go ahead to remove it under General >> Profile >> select the iOS beta profile >> click Remove profile >> enter passcode >> select Remove.
Related: How to Fix SharePlay Not Working in iOS 15 | Possible Fixes
How to Install the iOS 15 Public Beta on Your iPhone
You can install iOS beta software in two ways.
- Using Configuration Profile
- Using a Restore Image
Installation Using Configuration Profile
1. Firstly, download the configuration profile from the Developer page on your iOS device.
On your iPhone, select Settings and choose General.
2. Under that, select Software Update.
3. When the update appears, select Download and Install.
4. Provide your Passcode and click Agree to accept the terms and conditions.
5. Select Agree once again for confirmation.
6. Now, the iPhone will reboot.
Install using the Restore Image
1. Download the iOS 15 beta software restore image from the developer website (https://developer.apple.com/download/).
2. Open Finder on your Mac and connect the iOS device to it.
3. When you are prompted, enter your Passcode or click Trust This Computer and follow the onscreen steps.
4. From the Finder sidebar, select your iOS device.
5. Hold the Option key and select the Check for Update button on the Summary Panel.
6. Tap on the iOS 15 beta software restore the image, and click Open to initiate the installation process.
7. Once the beta is installed, your iPhone will reboot and complete the activation process.
How to Get Started with iOS 15 Public Beta
After rebooting, your iPhone will run on iOS 15. Since the device is rebooted with the new iOS, you have to login credentials to finish the update process.
1. Click on the Continue button.
2. Provide your Apple ID & Password. Within a minute, your settings will update.
3. Finally, click on Get Started to use the iOS 15.
How to Update to Official iOS Release Over the Beta Directly on your iPhone
1. Search for the Settings app on your iPhone home screen and select General.
2. Click Profiles and choose iOS Beta Software Profile.
3. Tap on Remove File and enter your passcode. If prompted, select Delete once again.
4. Shut off your iPhone and restart it.
5. Now, you have successfully removed the beta file.
Related: How to Use iPhone Live Text OCR in iOS in 2 Easy Ways
That’s all about installing iOS 15 on iPhone. Remember that installing the test version will always have bugs like software crashing, apps, and features may not work properly. At times, your data may be lost. It is also a little difficult to go to the previous version of your iPhone. Sometimes, it will lead you to factory reset your iPhone too. Further, you can share the bugs with the developer’s team, which will be helpful for the betterment of the software. Hope, this article helps you install iOS beta on your iPhone quickly. For more related article updates, you shall visit our blog.