Apple Watch is the best companion you can get to compliment your iPhone. It adds flair to your iPhone bringing notifications, among other cool things, right to your wrist. There are many apps compatible with watchOS. However, this article is dedicated to all the questions regarding the availability of Instagram on the Apple Watch.
Can we use Instagram on an Apple Watch is the most asked question by the Apple Watch users. Yes, you can get Instagram on Apple Watch, and it is possible to bring Instagram features to your wrist by the use of a third-party app on your iPhone. This includes features like scrolling, liking, commenting, searching, and more. To bring these amazing features to your wrist, you need an Apple Watch with OS 4.0 or later, along with an iPhone that functions on OS 12.0 or later.
How to Get Instagram on Apple Watch using Lens for Watch
1. Pair your iPhone with your Apple Watch.
2. Using your iPhone, install Lens for Watch from the App Store. The Pro version costs $1.99.
3. Tap on Login To Instagram.
4. Enter your Instagram Id and password and select Login.
Related: How to Fix Apple Watch Pairing Failed Issue Effectively
5. Now, on your Apple Watch, tap on Lens to open the app.
Note: If you can’t find Lens for Instagram on your watchOS, launch Apple Watch app on the iPhone. Select Lens and tap the slider next to Show App on the Apple Watch toggle switch to turn it on.
6. On the following screen, you will find all your Instagram pages like Home, Stories, Activity, Explore, and more.
Related: How to Setup and Use Gmail on Apple Watch [Easy Guide]
7. This works very similarly to the Instagram app on your iPhone. Click on Home to go to your feed. Stories lets you see all the new stories, and Activity shows your notifications. Under Explore, you will see the recommended posts based on your preferences.
- Use the Heart icon to like a post.
- Tap on the Speech Bubble to read the comments of the posts.
- Press the Speech Bubble and scroll down. Select Add a Comment to make a comment.
- Click on the FlickType Keyboard to use the keyboard on watchOS to type comments.
- You can add a comment with your voice using the microphone icon.
Once you go through the menu, you will be familiar with the layout as it is very similar to your phone. You can use this app to browser Instagram, share likes, and comment on posts and a lot of other cool stuff directly from your wrist. The only downside of using the Instagram app on Apple Watch is that you cannot upload any pictures from your watch for that you will still have to use your trusty old iPhone. For more such article updates, you shall visit our blog.