iMessage is an Apple messaging app available on iOS, iPadOS, ad macOS. It offers end-to-end encryption and enhanced chat features. With the iMessage app, you can easily share media files, message effects, and stickers. Further, it also supports photos, live photos, video, and animated GIFs. If you want, you can capture a picture or take a video from an iMessage chat by tapping the camera icon. You can also send voice messages through iMessage. Now, the question is, can we use iMessage on Android? You cannot because Apple uses an end-to-end encryption system through Apple servers. So, only Apple devices can decrypt the messages on the app. However, there is one best way that you can follow to get iMessage on Android, and that is with weMessage. Look down to the below section to know how to get and use iMessage on Android using the weMessage app.
How to Get and Use iMessage on Android with weMessage
You must have a Mac device to use iMessage on Android through weMessage. It is because weMessage on Mac routes messages via the iMessage network. For that, you need to set up weMessage on Mac first.
- An iMessage account
- A Mac with macOS 10.10 or later
- An Android phone with Android OS 5.0 or later
- weMessage app
- Java 7 or higher
Configure weMessage on Mac
1. First, you need Java installed Mac to use the weMessage app.
2. To check that you can go to Applications >> Utilities >> launch the Terminal app >> type Java >> Return.
3. If you don’t see any error, then your Mac has Java. If an error occurs, you don’t have it, and you have to download Java for your Mac.
4. Download the weMessage app on your Mac from the official website.
5. After the download, double-click on the run. Command on the weMessage folder to launch it.
6. In case if you get an error, go to Apple logo >> System Preferences >> Security & Privacy >> General >> tap the Open Anyway option.
7. Then, tap the Lock icon from the bottom to unlock settings. If asked, enter the password to log in to your Mac.
8. Now, click the + icon to navigate to Applications >> Utilities.
9. Choose Terminal and then the Open option.
10. Double-tap the run. Command again to open the program.
11. Provide the email address that you use with iMessage and enter your password.
Related: How to turn off iMessage on iPhone and iPad in 2 easy ways.
Setup weMessage on Android to use iMessage
1. Install the weMessage app on your Android phone from Google Play Store.
2. Once installed, launch the app.
3. Click the Continue button.
4. If you get the permissions error prompt, tap OK to permit access to your device settings.
5. When the Settings app opens, click the button next to Allow modifying system settings to give access.
6. Now, go to the weMessage app, and when asked to choose a default SMS app, click weMessage and then Set as default. Select OK in the help prompt.
7. Provide your Mac’s IP address to the app.
8. Enter your iMessage email address and password that you used during the setup process.
9. Now, you will view all the conversations. To check, you can send an iMessage text from Android, and if the bubbles are blue, then it is working.
Note: The above-given steps will only work if you connect your smartphone and Mac to the same WiFi network. If you want to use iMessage on your Android from anywhere, you have set up Post Forwarding. It is nothing but configuring your network to allow connections from outside. Post Forwarding procedure differs based on the router you use.
Now, you can use your Android phone to send and receive iMessage. Instead of weMessage, you can also use the AirMessage app to do the same on your Android smartphone or other devices.
No, you cannot use iMessage on Android without Mac.
You can send iMessage to an Android device but not directly. You can send through the weMessage or AirMessage app.
No, you cannot download iMessage from the Play Store.
You can get iMessage on your Android device with the help of a Mac and by using an application called weMessage.
Receiving iMessages on Android is possible by following the procedure mentioned above.