Netflix is the widely preferred and popular streaming service with which you can stream movies and TV shows online. There are a lot of paid subscription packages to stream movies on Mac. It lets you download these contents and watch them without any internet connection. The advantage of downloading movies is that you can stream without any interfering ads. However, Netflix has not yet been released for Mac devices, but you can access Netflix content by using the official website Netflix. But you can use other ways to download Netflix movies on Mac. Learn how to do it by getting into this section.
To download Netflix movies on Mac, you should try any of the following methods. They are:
- Install Windows for Mac
- Record Netflix Shows
- Run Netflix iOS on Mac
- Screen Mirror your iPhone
- Use an Android Emulator.
How to Download Netflix Movies on Mac
Mac allows you to change between OS. So, you can use the Windows OS to download Netflix movies as Netflix App is available in Windows.
Install Windows for Mac
The steps to interchange between windows OS in Mac are as given below:
1. Download the Parallels desktop app from the official website. Launch it after downloading. Follow the screen prompts and complete the installation process.
2. Open the Parallels Desktop app and select File -> New. Select the Boot Camp option, and it will let you change into a windows virtual machine while you are working in Mac. It will just take a couple of minutes to complete the process.
3. After the installation, you can use the Microsoft Store to install the Netflix app on your Mac.
4. Launch the Netflix app and select a movie.
5. Click on the Download tab to download the movie on your Mac.
Record Netflix Shows
Screen recorder allows you to record the movement of your screen, including Netflix movies and TV Shows. The popular application for recording your screen in Mac is Quick Time Player. Audio can also be recorded. But most of the users won’t prefer a screen recorder for downloading Movies because of the poor quality. The quality of the video totally depends upon the internet connection. If you have a poor Internet connection, you will get poor quality.
To record Netflix shows using Quick Time Player, you shall follow the steps given below:
1. Connect your iPhone to your Mac.
2. Unlock your iPhone to make it recognizable.
3. Now, launch Quick Time Player on Mac.
4. Click on File on the top of the interface and select New Screen Recording.
5. Then click on the Down Arrow near the Record Button. And select your microphone as Internal Microphone.
6. Now, launch Netflix on your iPhone and select a movie.
7. Click on the Record Button and play the movie that you want to download.
8. The show will be played on the Quick Time Player and will record it in the background.
9. After the movie ends, click on the Stop button to stop your recording.
10. Now, click on the File from the top of the page and select Save As.
11. You can change the name of the file in the Export As option and select the location of the File.
12. Finally, click on Save to download Netflix movies on Mac.
Related: iPhone Screen Recorder No Sound Issue: Best Possible Fixes
Run Netflix iOS on Mac
It is possible to download the Netflix app on Mac if you are using the latest release of the M1 chip on your Mac. M1 chip allows you to install iOS applications on your Mac devices. To run Netflix iOS on Mac, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Mac App Store.
2. Search for Netflix on the search bar.
3. Select the iPhone and iPad Apps Tab.
4. Select the Netflix app and click on the Install tab.
5. Then, launch Netflix and log in to your account.
6. Select a movie and click on the Download Button.
7. The movie will download as quickly based on your internet connection.
8. Now, you can go to the Download section to play your favorite movie offline.
Screen Mirror Your iPhone
If you have Netflix on your iPhone, you shall screen mirror those downloaded movies to your Mac. Make sure to keep your iPhone and Mac connected to the same WIFI.
1. Tap on the Screen Mirror option from the Control Center of your iPhone.
2. Select your Mac from the list of available devices.
3. Then launch the Netflix app on your iPhone.
4. Select the movie you have downloaded to play on your macOS.
5. With this, Netflix will be mirrored to your Mac.
Note: Screen Mirroring is an alternative option that you can use to watch your favorite movies on Mac. You can use this option to cast Netflix movies directly from your iPhone to Mac.
Related: How to Record iPhone Screen in All Possible Ways
Using an Emulator
1. Install the BlueStacks application on your Mac from its official site.
2. Go to the downloads section to click on the dmg file to launch it. Allow BlueStacks to set up and install on macOS.
3. Sign in with your Google Account.
4. Select the Google Play Store on the Home Page.
5. In the Search Bar, type Netflix and search for it.
4. Choose the Netflix application and select the Install tab.
5. After the installation, open the application and log in to your Netflix account.
6. Select a movie or search for a movie in the Search Bar.
7. Select the Download Tab to download it on your Mac.
8. You can go to the Download section to play the movie.
These are the methods and steps to watch Netflix movies on Mac. You can pick any of the ways to stream your favorite movie titles from your macOS. Hope you found this section helpful and interesting. For more such useful article updates, you shall visit our blog.