Apple is known for the most secured ecosystem, and it supports linking different devices by the company. No matter which Apple device you own, signing it with Apple ID is the primary thing. The added advantage is that the user can use a single Apple ID on up to ten devices. With this, you can associate or link all your Apple devices with the same Apple ID. Upon connecting, you get the chance to share the data and information between your linked devices. Also at times, you would want to disconnect your iPhone from your iPad or vice versa for some reasons. The process is simple, and Apple lets you do that in no time.
Note: The disconnected device will no longer use your Apple purchase or subscription.
How to Disconnect iPhone from iPad
There are different ways in which you can remove your iPhone from your iPad. We have covered them up in steps in the section below.
Disconnect iPhone from iPad from Settings
The simplest way of removing your iPhone from the iPad is through the Settings app of the iPad
1. On your iPad, launch the Settings app.
2. Hover to click on the Profile name at the top.
3. Select the iTunes & App Store option.
4. Now, tap on the Apple ID shown at the top of the screen.
5. Select View Apple ID on the pop-up and provide the Apple ID password when prompted.
6. On the Account Settings dialog box, click on the Remove This Device option.
7. With this, your iPad gets disconnected from your iPhone.
Tip: How to Approve iPhone/iPad in All Possible Ways
Disconnect iPhone from iPad by Turning Off Handoff
Turning off Handoff will disconnect your iPhone from the iPad but will not remove the iPhone from Apple ID.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Choose General to proceed.
3. Select Handoff and turn it off by swiping on the left.
If you have access to iTunes on your PC, you can disconnect your iPhone from your iPad in no time.
1. Launch the iTunes app on your desktop or laptop.
2. Navigate to click on the Account menu from the top.
3. Choose the View My Account option when the menu expands.
4. Enter the password when prompted.
5. Under the iTunes in the Cloud section, click on the Manage Device link.
6. When you see the list of connected devices, select Remove next to the device you want to disconnect.
These were the possible methods by which you can disconnect your iPhone from the iPad. This way, you can remove those old or those devices you no longer required to stay in sync. For more such interesting tips & tricks, visit our blog.