Copy and paste is a very handy option that lets you reproduce a section of text without typing it each time. By copying and pasting, you can fill the image, text, and links in your desired location. Both copy and paste options will simplify things for you. If you don’t know how to copy and paste on your iPhone, you need not worry. The procedure is really simple and similar to performing copy and paste on Mac. You don’t need any technical skills to learn it. Here in this section, we’ve covered the complete guide on how to copy and paste on iPhone.
How to Copy and Paste Text on iPhone
1. Select the text you want to copy.
2. Tap and hold a word on the screen for a few seconds. The desired word gets highlighted. You shall wait for the clipboard options to appear on your screen.
3. To select more text, drag the edges of the selected text (circle-shaped) toward left, right, up, or down.
4. After selecting the words, hit the Copy option.
5. Then, open the app on which you want to paste your text. For instance, Notes.
6. Tap and hold on to the text areas of the iPhone screen for a few seconds. Click on the Paste option.
Related: How to find IP Address On iPhone
How to Copy and Paste Image on iPhone
1. Navigate to an image that you want to copy.
2. Tap and hold a picture for a few seconds. Three options will appear at the bottom of the screen.
3. Select Copy to copy the image to the clipboard.
4. Then, launch the application to which you want to paste the image.
5. Tap and hold the screen for a few seconds or until a menu appears on the screen.
6. Click Paste to paste the copied image.
Related: How To Change Passcode on iPhone
How to Copy and Paste Text on iPhone using Gestures
1. Select the text on your iPhone that you want to copy.
2. Using your three fingers, swipe from the top of your screen. If you do it correctly, a menu will appear on the top of your screen.
3. Place the cursor on the area, where you want to paste the text.
4. Again, use your three fingers to swipe from the top, and your text will be pasted in the destination place.
How to Copy and Paste Links on iPhone
1. To copy a link on your iPhone, just tap and hold the link until a menu pops up.
2. Look for the option Copy and select it.
3. Go to the location, where you’ve planned to paste the link.
4. Tap and hold for a few seconds. Then, click Paste.
How to Copy and Paste with Universal Clipboard
You can use the Universal Clipboard feature to copy and paste from iPhone to iPad or Mac devices. The process is simple and easy to do. This feature is available only on the Apple devices listed below.
- iPhone 5 or later. (iOS 10 or higher)
- iPad 4th gen or later.
- iPad mini 2 or later.
- Macs 2012 or later.
1. The first thing you need to do is to enable the Handoff option on iPhone and iPad/ Mac.
2. To enable the Handoff option on iPhone or iPad, Go to Settings >> Click General >> Select Handoff and enable it.
3. To enable the Handoff option on Mac, Select System Preferences >> Tap General >> Tick the box next to the option Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.
4. Now, you can copy the text on your iPhone and paste the text on other Apple devices like Mac or iPad without manually sharing it.
That’s all. Follow the above-mentioned methods to copy and paste on iPhone. You can easily perform the Copy and Paste function using gestures. If you’re using the Clipboard feature, make sure to paste the text on another Apple device immediately, or else you will lose the copied text or image.
Related: How to Split Screen on iPhone
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You can copy and paste text on your iPhone using gestures. To know more about the steps, refer to the blog.
Enable Handoff option on iPhone & iPad >> Copy the text from iPhone >> Paste the text on iPad.