iPad is a tablet computer by Apple Inc., and it ensures outstanding capability and versatility. It is designed for those who want to experience the power of a computer with portability. Its retina display works great while streaming, gaming, handling documents, and more. There may be times you want to transfer something from the iPad to Apple TV. For instance, you may want to view photos or videos, important documents, etc., with a group of people. To perform this, the primary thing you should do is to connect your iPad with Apple TV. With this, you will get access to the iPad screen on your big screen. You can perform such tasks if you know how to connect the iPad to Apple TV. Hence we decided to guide you with the same in this section.
How to Connect iPad to Apple TV
There are three ways in which you can connect your iPad to tvOS. The below instructions cover all of them in step-by-step guidelines.
- Using HDMI Adapter Cable
- Without Wires or Wireless Connection
- Using AirPlay
- Apple TV 4K / Apple TV with 4th Gen
- tvOS 11 or later
- iPad with iOS 11 or later
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your iPad
Note: Keep your Apple TV and your iPad up-to-date with the latest version.
Connect iPad to Apple TV Wirelessly (without Wires)
1. Turn on your tvOS and press the Home button on the provided remote.
2. On the following screen, select Settings and click on the Remote and Devices option.
3. You should now select Remote and proceed further.
4. Unlock and bring your iPad closer to your Apple TV.
5. If you get a prompt asking you to pair an iOS device, select the Pair button.
6. Look at your tvOS screen for the four-digit pairing code and enter the same on your iPad.
7. When you have entered the correct code, the connection establishes, and you have successfully connected your iPad with tvOS.
Related: How to Watch Apple TV on Mac in 2 Different Ways
Connect iPad to Apple TV using a Cable
The simplest option to connect the iPad to the Apple TV is through the cable. You can use the Digital AV Adapter to connect your iPad to your Apple TV’s HDMI port. You also require an HDMI cable. Make sure you get the Lightning port ($49) for the latest model and a 30-pin port for the older iPad’s.
All you have to do is connect your iPad with the cable and select the TV input as that of the cable on the port. Plug the USB end of the Lightning cable into the adapter and plug the other end into the power outlet. With this, you can stream everything from Netflix, Prime Video, Sling TV, Hulu, and more from iPad to tvOS.
Connect iPad to Apple TV using AirPlay
The other way to connect your iPad with tvOS is with AirPlay. Since Apple devices have AirPlay in common, you can connect the iPad with the tvOS.
1. Connect your iPad and tvOS to the same Wi-Fi connection.
2. On your iPad, open the Control Center by swiping from the bottom or up.
3. Select the Screen Mirroring icon.
4. Now, choose the desired Apple TV from the list of available devices.
5. When the connection establishes, you will find your iPad home on the tvOS.
These were the efficient methods to connect the iPad with the Apple TV. You can try out any one of these that seems to be easy and convenient. For more such useful articles, stay tuned with our blog.