iPhone 7 is one of the most popular models of iPhones. Throughout this time, Apple has released a lot of newer iPhone models with attractive features. However, iPhone 7 doesn’t fall far behind these models when it comes to speed and performance. Like any other iPhone model, you might come across frozen issues on your iPhone 7. Mostly, apps freeze because of some internal problems that your iOS can’t possibly fix. It is when you need to close that particular app on your iPhone 7. Also, you might need to close apps when you want to exit them. In this blog, we’ve covered all the possible ways to close apps on iPhone 7.
How to Close Apps on iPhone 7/ 7 Plus with Home Button
Close a Single app on iPhone 7
It isn’t too hard to close apps on iPhone7, even if are new to the device. You can close your app easily by following these steps.
1. Initially, tap on the Home button two times.
2. Now, what you see on the screen is the App switcher. It shows all the open apps in the form of App cards.
3. Swipe the apps left and right to choose between them.
Note: Make sure that you don’t tap on the App Card as the app might turn on.
4. Choose the app that you want to close.
5. Swipe up the App card using a finger to close the respective app.
6. The app closes as soon as you swipe it off.
7. Now, repeat the steps again to close another app.
Related: What iPhone Do I Have | Find iPhone Model Number Easily
Close Multiple Apps on iPhone 7
In the above-mentioned method, we have discussed closing a single app on your iPhone at once. However, you can close more than one app at once on your iPhone 7. We can close up to three apps on iPhone 7 at once. Follow these simple steps and close multiple apps on iPhone 7.
1. Start by clicking twice on the Home button.
2. The App switcher pops up, showing all the open apps in the form of App cards.
Related: How to Reset iPhone 7/7 Plus to Factory Settings
3. You can choose up to a maximum of three apps to close.
4. Put one of your fingers on each app card you intend to close.
5. Swipe up your fingers at the same time to close these apps.
6. You can try the same on other open apps and close them simultaneously.
How to Close Apps on iPhone 7 without Home Button
Using Assistive Touch – Home icon
1. On your iPhone 7, launch the Settings app.
2. Scroll down and select the General option.
3. Look for the option Accessibility and click it.
4. Tap the Assistive Touch option and click the toggle switch to enable it.
5. Now, you’ll see the Assistive touch button (small circle icon) on your iPhone 7 screen.
6. Tap the Assistive Touch button and you’ll see different icons on the screen.
7. Click the home icon twice to go to the App Switcher screen.
8. Once you’re in, follow the steps discussed in Method 1 to close the app.
Using Assistive Touch – Multitasking
1. Enable Assistive Touch by following the steps discussed above.
2. Now, tap the Assistive Touch button displayed on the screen.
3. Click the Device icon.
4. Then, tap the More option and select the Multitasking icon.
5. Now, the App Switcher screen will be opened, just swipe up the app you intend to close.
To use this method, you need to update your iPhone 7/7Plus to iOS 14 or higher.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone 7/7Plus
2. Scroll down and select the Accessibility option.
3. Then, look for the option Touch and click it.
4. Tap the BackTap option displayed at the bottom.
5. You’ll be presented with two options. Choose your desired BackTap option. For instance, we’ve selected the Double Tap option.
6. Now, click App Switcher from the list of options.
7. Finally, tap the Apple logo twice displayed on the back of your iPhone. If you’ve selected Triple Tap, you need to tap thrice.
8. Now, the App Switcher screen will appear, choose any app and swipe up to close it.
Related: How to Turn Off iPhone 7/7 Plus
You don’t need to close all the open apps on your iPhone 7. Also, it doesn’t matter if you aren’t using them at present. It is commonly thought that the open apps consume battery and reduce the performance of other apps. However, it is not true, as the apps are in mere Standby mode. The fact is iPhone takes more power loss to open these closed apps again if you need to use them.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can close apps on iPhone 7 using the Home button or Assistive Touch button. To know more, refer to the blog.
Yes. Using the Assistive touch feature, you can easily close the app without touching the home button.