Apple TV is an outstanding streaming device by Apple. It lets you stream plenty of media content at home. Apple TV supports a wide range of streaming apps in various categories. You can install the apps on Apple TV directly from the App Store. You will enjoy all your favorite movies and TV shows of the best quality. Further, you can also AirPlay media content from your Apple devices to your Apple TV. Apple TV supports multitasking, and you can switch from one app to another on new Apple TV models. But the first app will still run in the background. It might slow down your Apple TV’s performance. However, to increase your Apple TV performance, you must close the apps completely on the Apple TV device.
How to Close Apps on Apple TV (4th and 5th Generation Apple TV)
To close the apps properly, you must have a Siri remote. If you have a Siri remote, you can follow the steps given below.
1. Press the TV button on the Siri remote to go to the home screen.
2. Now, double-tap on the Home button on the Siri Remote, which will bring up all the apps that are currently open in a separate window.
3. Use the touchpad to select the app that you want to close.
4. Then, swipe up on the trackpad to close the selected app.
You can repeat the same steps to close all the apps you want. Once you have closed it, you will see only the home screen of your Apple TV. If you have a 3rd generation Apple TV, you can use the Menu button to close the apps. In Apple TV 1st Generation and 2nd Generation, multitasking is not available. When you continuously press the back button on the app screen, the app will be closed on Apple TV 1st Gen and 2nd Gen.
How to Force-Close an App on Apple TV
If you find any app not responding, you can force close it easily from your device itself.
1. Double-tap the Home button to pull up the app switcher.
2. If you are in the app, that will be first. If not, swipe right to choose the app that you want to force-close.
3. Then, swipe up, and the app will be closed.
4. Again, tap the Home button on the remote to go to the home screen.
How to Close Apps with Apple TV Remote App
You will find the Apple TV remote app in the Control Center of your iPhone. The interface of the remote app is the same as the physical remote. So, you can follow the same steps to close apps Apple TV remote app.
Tip: The Apple TV remote app is available only on iOS 10 and later.
Now, you can easily close apps on your Apple TV. You can close the apps with the Siri remote and by using the Apple TV remote app. In case you can’t close the app when it is struck, then you shall restart Apple TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can download any apps from the App Store directly from Apple TV.
Choose the app that you want to delete, and press and hold the touchpad until the app begins to shake. Next, press the Play/Pause button and choose the Delete option to delete the apps.