For many, purchasing the latest or new iPhone seems exciting. But, it isn’t the same state when it comes to transferring the data. It is because the process is quite tedious and takes time. Luckily, iPhone users get the chance to clone the device data. With this, you can transfer the required details from the old device and access the same on the new device in no time. To carry out this process effortlessly, Apple offers some built-in options and apps. We have decided to guide you on how to clone iPhone here in this section for better clarification. There is more than one way in which you can clone your iPhone. All of the working procedures are discussed below.
How to Clone an iPhone with Quick Start
This process will work if you haven’t yet set up your new iPhone. Your old and new iPhone must run on iOS 12.4 and later.
1. On the source iPhone, turn on the Bluetooth.
2. Now, you should turn on your new iPhone and keep it closer to the old iPhone.
3. If you see the Quick Start screen with the Apple ID on your source iPhone to set up the target iPhone, select Continue.
4. Wait until you see the animation on your new iPhone. With this, hold your source iPhone over the new device, so you center the animation in the viewfinder.
5. If you see Finish on New iPhone, provide the source iPhone’s passcode on your new iPhone.
6. After setting up Face or Touch ID on your new device, you should select Transfer from iPhone to clone the data.
How to Clone an iPhone using iCloud
It is possible to clone your iPhone by backing up the data in the iCloud. It is one of the reliable means of transferring almost all the data. The exclusions include contacts, notes, iCloud Photos, messages, touch ID, Apple Pay, iCloud Music, etc.
1. On your source iPhone, go to Settings and tap on the profile name.
2. Choose iCloud and select the iCloud Backup option.
3. Click on the Back Up Now option to begin the backup process.
4. On your new iPhone, begin the process of setting up.
5. You should follow the screen instructions until Apps & Data Screen.
6. When the Apps & Data screen appears, you should select Restore from iCloud Backup.
7. Now, sign in to your iCloud with the Apple ID.
8. Click on Restore from the iCloud Backup option to complete the backup.
How to Clone an iPhone using iTunes
Like iCloud, you can use iTunes to backup and restore iPhone. This way, you can clone the device and can access most of the data and settings.
Note: iTunes will not Backup messages, iCloud photos, SMS, touch ID, Apple Pay, Activity and Health-related data, etc.
1. Start by connecting your source iPhone on your computer.
2. Launch iTunes if it doesn’t launch automatically.
3. Choose the device icon and select Summary.
4. Click on the Back Up Now option to copy your source iPhone data to iTunes on PC.
5. To restore, connect your target iPhone on the same PC.
6. On the iTunes window, select the device button and click Restore Backup.
7. Choose the required backup and press Restore.
How to Clone an iPhone using Third-Party Apps
There are multiple third-party apps available that let you effortlessly backup or clone your iPhone.
You can choose any officially available apps.
In this, we guide you with EaseUS MobiMover
1. Download and install EaseUS MobiMover software on your PC.
2. Connect your source iPhone to the PC and launch EaseUS MobiMover software.
3. Choose the Backup Manager option under the Backup & Restore option and click on Back Up.
4. Select the files you want to backup and tap on the One-Click BackUp button.
5. Wait for the backup process to complete. Once done, connect your target iPhone.
6. Select Backup Manager and click Restore to access the cloned data.
These are the possible ways in which you can clone your iPhone. You can choose the wireless or wired means based on your convenience. If you’re not interested in using third-party apps, use iTunes or iCloud to clone your iPhone to another iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
There are many ways to clone an iPhone data to a new iPhone. You can easily clone an iPhone using iCloud or iTunes.
No. It is impossible to clone an iPhone remotely. But if you have jailbroken your device, your iPhone can be cloned remotely using third-party applications.