iPhone is a popular smartphone that many people use. You can do anything on an iPhone like making phone calls, messaging, browsing, accessing social media, playing games, reading, and even making payments from your iPhone. Further, we surf a lot on the internet using browsers. While browsing online, the web browsers store cookies on your device. Cookies are nothing but small files of information that a web server generates and send to a web browser. The purpose of the cookies is to help the website keep track of your visits and activity. It informs the websites about the user and enables the websites to personalize the user experience. It is not always a bad thing, but it is good that you clear cookies frequently to avoid some problems. Let’s explore how to clear cookies on iPhone quickly.
You can also clear cookies if you don’t have enough space on your iPhone or the browser is not loading the content quickly.
How to Clear Cookies from iPhone
To clear or reset cookies on iPhone, you have to clear cookies on the browse. Mostly, people use Safari and Google Chrome to surf the internet on iPhones. So, now let us see how to clear cookies on Safari and Google Chrome browsers.
How to Clear Cookies and Browser History from Safari Browser on iPhone
One-Step Guide: Open iPhone Settings >> select Safari >> scroll to choose Clear History and Data >> hit Clear History and Data.
1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone and choose the Safari browser.
2. Next, choose Clear History and Website Data.
3. Then, tap Clear History and Data to confirm to clear cookies and browsing history.
4. Once done, all the logs of the websites you have visited and the cookies you have stored get deleted.
How to Delete Cookies from Safari Browser on iPhone
If you don’t want to delete the browsing history, you can delete the cookies on the safari browser. And you can also delete the cookies for a specific website.
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone and choose Safari browser.
2. Scroll down to select the Advanced option.
3. Under that, choose Website Data, and you will get a list of all the websites that store cookies.
4. If you want to clear cookies on a particular website, swipe left from the Website Data and click Delete for the website you want to delete the cookies.
5. To delete all the cookies, select Remove All Website Data and tap Remove Now for confirmation.
How to Delete Specific Safari Cookies
1. Navigate to Settings on your iPhone and choose the Safari browser.
2. Scroll down to choose the Advanced option and then Website Data.
3. Under that, tap on Show All Sites option.
4. Click Edit from the top-right corner.
5. Tap the red “-” button from the left side of the website name and then choose the Delete option.
6. Then, tap Done to confirm to delete the specific cookies on the Safari browser.
How to Block Cookies on Safari Browser
1. Open the Settings app and choose Safari browser.
2. Slide the toggle to the right side next to Block All Cookies to block all the cookies.
3. Then, tap Block All on the pop-up for the confirmation.
Related: How to Clear Cookies on Mac
How to Remove Third-Party Cookies on iPhone
You can follow the respective procedure based on the browser you use to clear the cookies on iPhone 11 or any other model.
How to Clear Cookies in Google Chrome
1. Launch the Google Chrome app and tap the three-dot icon (…).
2. Choose Settings and then the Privacy option.
3. Next, choose Clear Browsing Data.
4. Select Cookies, Site Data, and then tap Clear Browsing Data.
5. For confirmation, tap Clear Browsing Data once again.
How to Clear Cookies on Firefox Browser
1. Open the Firefox app on your iPhone.
2. Click the menu bar from the lower right corner of the app.
3. Now, choose Settings and then the Data Management option.
4. Then, choose Clear Private Data and tap OK on the confirmation window.
5. Now, all the cookies will be cleared on the Firefox browser.
How to Clear Opera Touch Cookies
1. Launch the Opera Touch on your iPhone.
2. Tap the O icon from the bottom right corner.
3. Choose Settings from the options.
4. Next, tap Clear Browser Data and then Cookies and Site Data.
5. Finally, tap Clear in the top-right corner to clear cookies.
How to Clear Microsoft Edge Cookies
1. Open the Microsoft Edge on your iPhone.
2. Tap the three-dot icon and choose the Settings option.
3. Choose Privacy and Security and select Clear Browsing Data.
4. Then, tap the Cookies and site data option. If you see the checkmark, it means it is already chosen.
5. You can further delete browsing history, cache, passwords, and more.
6. Next, choose Clear Browsing Data and then tap Clear for confirmation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Go to Settings >> Safari >> Clear History and Website Data >> Clear History and Data. And the cookies will be cleared.
To delete cookies on your iPhone 11, you have to clear cookies on your browser. For example, you have to delete cookies on browsers like Safari, Opera Touch, Microsoft Edge, and more.
Cookies occupy more space on your iPhone and thus will lead your iPhone to respond slowly. So, you should delete cookies on your iPhone frequently.
Once you block cookies, the browsers cannot take any information about you.