A cache is nothing but a temporary data storage that keeps the data while you visit a website or any app. Cache helps when you revisit the same app or a website more quickly, and there will be a decrease in the loading time. The cache is stored in every device, including the iPad. But the disadvantage of cache is that it may slow up your iPad’s performance, and the storage may run out quickly. However, you have an option to clear the cache on your iPad. Here in this section, you will find how to clear the cache on your iPad in three ways. So, you can follow any of these methods convenient for you to clear the Cache on your iPad.
How to Clear the Cache on iPad
There are three ways that you can clear the Cache on your iPad. They are:
- With Home button
- Without a Home button
- Clear Cache on iPad through Settings
- Clear Safari Browser Cache
- Steps to Clear App Cache
Use Home BUtton to Clear Cache on iPad
1. Select an app to clear cache and open it.
2. Go ahead to press and hold the Power button until you see the Slide to Power Off option.
3. Now, release holding the Power button and tap and hold the Home button.
4. Hold the Home button until the application you opened restarts.
5. Now, you have successfully cleared Cache on your iPad.
Clear Cache on iPad without Home Button
1. Open the Settings on your iPad.
2. Navigate to General and Select Accessibility.
3. Toggle on the AssistiveTouch.
4. You can now see a gray-white circle on the bottom of the screen known as the AssistiveTouch icon.
5. Now, the AssistiveTouch icon will be the Home button for your iPad.
6. Go back to General and select Shutdown.
7. Then, the Slide to power off option will display on the upper center of your screen.
8. Tap on the AssistiveTouch icon. The Home button and other icons will display at the bottom of your screen.
9. Tap and hold on to the Home button icon.
10. Now, your iPad’s screen will flash white and black.
10. Then, your iPad will restart.
11. Finally, all the Cache gets cleared on your iPad.
Related: How to Use AirPlay on iPad | Screen Mirror from iPad
Clear iPad Cache through Settings
There is a separate section for Safari to clear its cache, and you only can clear other applications Cache on the iPad’s storage.
Clear the Cache of Safari Browser
1. Open the Settings on your iPad and navigate to Safari.
2. Select Clear History and Website Data.
3. Then, a dialog box will display on the bottom of the screen to confirm the selection.
4. Tap on Clear History and data to Clear the Cache on your Safari browser.
Clear App Cache on iPad
1. Open the Settings on your iPad and navigate to General.
2. Tap on iPad Storage.
3. Go to the bottom to see the list of applications installed on your iPad.
4. Select an application to Clear the Cache.
5. Tap on the Delete App. The app will be uninstalled as well as the data associated with it.
6. So, you can follow the same steps for all of the app for which you want to clear the Cache.
7. If you tap Offload App, the app will be uninstalled, but the data stored will be kept on your iPad.
Related: How to Jailbreak an iPad in All Ways Possible
So, you don’t want to tap on Offload App to Clear the Cache. For sure, clearing the cache will increase the performance of the device. So, you can increase your iPad performance and speed up the functions by following the procedure in this article. For more such interesting tips and tricks, do follow our blog.