AirPods is a wireless earphone from Apple Inc. that holds impressive features. It is important to know how long the AirPods batteries last. You can keep connected throughout the day upon knowing the exact percentage of charge available on your AirPods. Checking how much battery is left on your AirPods is very easy as it can be done on your iPhone, iPad, or on Mac computer. You can even place a widget on your home screen that shows the percentage of battery on each AirPod. This article will discuss how one can check AirPods battery levels in detail.
How to Check Battery on AirPods using iOS Device
The pre-requisite to check AirPods battery level on the iOS device is a stable Bluetooth connection. So, turn on the Bluetooth on your iOS device, place AirPods close to your device, and open the case. AirPods battery level will automatically pop up on the iOS device screen.
1. First, turn on the Bluetooth on your iOS device. You can do this by going to the Settings menu and Bluetooth option on the toggle button next to it.
2. Now, connect the iOS device to your AirPods from the Bluetooth menu.
3. Now, move your AirPods case close to your iOS device make sure that your iOS device is awake.
4. Further, open the AirPods case and wait for a few seconds.
5. Finally, a pop-up will show up on your iOS device screen displaying the current level of battery charge on each AirPods and case.
How to Check AirPods Battery Level Without the Case
1. To enable Bluetooth, go to the Settings menu or by using the Control Panel on your iOS device. Next, make sure your AirPods are connected to your iOS device.
2. Now, go to your iOS device’s Home screen and Click on hold on a blank space until the home screen icons start to jiggle.
3. Further, tap on the Plus icon on the top of the screen to add the widget to your home screen.
4. In the widget section, scroll down until you find the Batteries option.
5. Next, choose the widget size of your size.
6. Once you made your choice, tap on the Add widget button.
7. Finally, rearrange the widget on your home screen, and once you are comfortable with the placement, tap on Done. With this, the widget will display your AirPods battery percentage at all times.
Related: How to Check Battery on Apple Watch
How to Check AirPods Battery Percentage using Mac Computer
1. Place your AirPods in the case and close the lid.
2. On your Mac computer, click on the Bluetooth icon on the top right corner of the screen.
3. Select your AirPods from the list of available devices to connect your AirPods to your Mac device.
4. Now, open the lid of your AirPods case.
5. Once the device is connected to your Mac, you can view the battery percentage of the AirPods and the case.
Frequently Asked Questions
You will have to use third-party apps like AirBattery to check AirPods battery on Android devices. You can get it from the Play Store.
You can charge AirPods by placing them in the case and connecting them using a lightning cable to a power source, or use the wireless charger instead.
You get a 6 hour listening time and a 4 hour talk time with every charge.
If the AirPods are in the case and the lid is open, you can find the charging status with the light. i.e., Amber or red light indicates charging status, and green means it is fully charged.
When the AirPods battery is low, you will get a notification on your iOS. In precise, you will get notifications when the charge drops to 20, 10, and 5 percent of battery. Also, you will be notified with a tone when the battery charge is low.
You will not find the battery if the battery is completely drained out. You can put in charge and check for the status.
Remove the AirPods from the case and open the lid. Now, check for the status light on the charging case, either inside or on the front. Gree light indicated the charging case is charged while amber means enough charge is left.