Siri is Apple’s voice-controlled personal assistant for iOS, macOS, tvOS, and watchOS. It uses machine learning to tell suggestions, answer queries, and control the Apple devices. Siri can speak multiple voices in several languages. Siri behaves like your friend and helps you to get things done effortlessly. It has access to all the in-built applications on your Apple devices. You can wake Siri by saying “Hey Siri” and make commands or queries from the Apple device you have. You can invoke Siri using buttons if you have iPhone 6S or later. Sometimes, you may think of changing Siri’s name on your Apple device, but you cannot change Siri’s name.
Unlike changing the iPhone name, you cannot change Siri’s name as Siri is the entity, and Apple doesn’t allow any customizations related to changing the assistant’s name. However, you can change the name which Siri uses to contact you on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
How to Change your Name for Siri on iPhone/iPad
You can change your name for Siri in two ways. That is, you can make a new card in the Contacts or tell Siri how to call you.
To Create a New Card in the Contacts:
1. Open Contacts app on your iPhone or iPad and tap the Plus symbol from the top right corner.
2. Type the name using which you want Siri to call you.
3. After typing, tap on the Done button.
4. Now, launch the Settings app and tap Siri & Search.
5. Click My Information and then choose the new contact you have added.
Tell Siri How to Call You:
Otherwise, you can say, Hey Siri, call me [Name]. Once done, you will get a response from Siri saying that your name will be used to call you.
How to Change your Name for Siri on Mac
1. Open the Contacts app and tap the Plus icon from the bottom left of any card.
2. Choose the New Contact option.
3. Enter the name and tap Done.
4. Ensure that the card is selected and select Card from the menu bar.
5. Choose to Make This My Card.
Note: You can also say her Siri call me [Name], and you will get a response from Siri.
How to Change Siri’s Voice
It is possible to change Siri’s voice and is one of the customizations Apple users. To do this, you shall follow the steps given below.
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Choose Siri & Search and then Siri Voice.
3. Select the voice that you want to set for Siri.
How to Change Siri’s Language
If you want Siri to bring in suggestions or results in the language of your choice, you shall check out the steps below.
1. On your iPhone/iPad, open the Settings app.
2. Select Siri & Search.
3. Navigate to click on the Language option.
4. Now, select the language you want Siri to use.
That’s all about the customization features you can do for Siri on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac. Siri can learn your name quickly from the contacts. Besides this, you shall change the gender, accent, or train Siri to pronounce your contacts in a specific way. Yet another noticeable customization is that the Apple users can stop Siri from randomly waking up.
Frequently Asked Questions
You cannot rename Siri. Because Apple doesn’t allow any customizations to its virtual assistant.
To change Siri’s language, go to Settings >> Siri & Search >> Language >> choose the Language that you want.
Yes, you can change Siri’s voice and accent and teach Siri to tell your name.
No, you cannot change Siri’s name to Jarvis.