Apple ID is a unique authentication of your iOS device from Apple, including iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple Watch. The unique identification includes personal settings as well as information. So, when you log into a device with an Apple ID, the device automatically uses the settings in the Apple ID. Apple ID login credential is more of a valid email address that the user protects with a password. The password is an eight-digit alphanumeric string that is case-sensitive. You can create an Apple ID for free from the official website. The procedure to change the Apple ID on wathOS is as simple as changing Apple ID on Mac. In this section, we shall focus on how to change the Apple ID on Apple Watch.
Why Should I Change the Apple ID on an Apple Watch
When it comes to an Apple Watch, the Apple ID on it is the same as the Apple ID of the paired iPhone. There is no need to change this Apple ID on your device. Also, you can have more than one Apple ID that you might use for purchases and other things. However, there might be situations when you need to change the Apple ID on the device. Then, this section will help you accomplish the task.
How to Change Apple ID on an Apple Watch
You can follow the procedure to change the Apple ID on your watchOS.
On your iPhone
1. Firstly, launch the Settings menu of your iPhone.
2. On the Settings menu, tap the Messages option.
3. Further, click on the Send & Receive option.
4. Next, tap on your Apple ID on the screen.
5. On the next screen, tap Logout. It will log out your ID from iMessage.
6. Now, you can Sign in with a new Apple ID account.
On your Apple Watch
1. On your Apple Watch, perform a hard reboot. For this, press both the Crown as well as the Side button on your Apple Watch.
2. Further, reset your Apple Watch. So, you need to start the process from the beginning by pairing to the Apple Watch app.
3. Further, pair the Apple Watch with your iPhone with the new Apple ID.
4. Finally, the watch detects the new Apple ID and changes it.
Related: How to Change Apple Watch Band [All Models]
Alternative Method: Unpair Apple Watch to Remove Apple ID
It is a simple method that is an effective alternative to removing the Apple ID on your Apple Watch. When your unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, you will remove the Apple ID. So, you will be asked to provide a new Apple ID. Let’s get started.
1. Firstly, bring your Apple Watch and the paired iPhone close to each other.
2. Further, open the Watch app on the iPhone.
3. Next, tap the My Watch tab and then choose your Apple Watch.
4. Further, tap the ‘i‘ icon on your screen.
5. Further, tap Unpair Apple Watch and then confirm your action.
6. Finally, add your new Apple ID to the watch.
Note: If you want to know how to remove Apple ID from Apple Watch without Password, you can follow the above steps.
Your Apple Watch is an ideal device that helps you track your health and fitness. It simplifies a lot of actions that you do with your iPhone or other devices. Also, it is one of the most efficient watches in the market today. Now, you have got an idea of different methods to change the Apple ID on your Apple Watch. Hope one of these methods suits your need to change the Apple ID. Stay tuned to our blog for more helpful tips, tricks, and updates.