We are aware of the fact that Apple ensures the data security of every iPhone/iPad user. If you happen to sign in with your Apple ID from a browser or new device, Apple will ask you to authenticate your identity. It can be mostly done by entering your password and six-digit verification code. This is why users find it challenging to get their device approved after updating their iPhone/iPad to the latest version. Sometimes users need to sync their new iPhone/iPad and get their existing Mac device approved. The process is as simple as approving an iPhone from Mac. You shall find the steps to approve an iPhone/iPad through different methods.
How to Approve iPhone/iPad
There are three easy methods with which one can approve an iPhone/iPad. They are,
- Using a Mac
- Two-Factor Authentication
- Using any other device
Set Up iCloud Keychain
Your iPhone needs to be approved after a recent update or when trying to set up an iCloud Chain on your new iPhone/iPad. iCloud Keychain helps to keep our passwords and other secure information updated across all the apple account-linked devices.
#1 Approve iPhone/iPad on Mac
If you have already enabled the iCloud keychain on your Mac computer, it will be very simple to get your iPhone or iPad approved. Follow the steps carefully to do so.
1. Go to Settings on your iPhone/iPad.
2. Try switching on your iCloud keychain. You will now be asked to go to one of the other devices (Mac) to approve this iPhone/iPad using the iCloud keychain.
3. On your Mac screen, you now see a notification alert in the upper-right corner. Click Continue.
4. Now, enter your Apple ID password and click Allow. You can enable iCloud Keychain on your iPhone successfully.
#2 Activate Two-Factor Authentication
There is another alternative way to enable iCloud Keychain without using Mac approval, which is two-factor authentication. Follow the simple step to turn on authentication on your iPhone/iPad with iOS 9 or later.
1. Go to Settings > iCloud > Password & Security > Enable Two-factor authentication.
2. On your Mac with OS X EI Captain or later, follow the below step.
3.Click Apple menu > System Preference > iCloud > Account details. Now Choose Security and Turn on two-factor authentication.
Besides approving your iPhone/iPad from Mac, you can also approve the phone using other iCloud synced devices. If you cannot access any other devices, you can set up the iCloud keychain by entering the iCloud security code you created when you set it up for the first time. You can also enter the verification code sent to your iPhone via SMS.
When you get internal storage empty or a DCIM folder missing issue, you should check out the guide to troubleshoot the iPhone Internal Storage Empty.
#3 How to Approve iPhone/iPad from Another Device
You can also approve your iPhone/iPad from another device with iCloud using the following steps.
1. Click Setting on iOS device > Choose iCloud> Enter your iCloud password.
2. You will instantly get an Apple ID verification Code from another iPhone and enter the six-digit figures.
3. Once you enter the verification code, you will be asked to enter your iPhone passcode too. Your iPhone will be approved.
#4 How to Approve your iPhone Without iCloud
In unfortunate scenarios, you might not have any device to approve your iPhone. In that case, you shall authorize the device through a verification code. However, it requires a valid phone number linked with the iCloud.
1. To proceed with approving iPhone, you shall click on the Didn’t get a Verification Code on the sign-in screen.
2. Choose an option to deliver the code to your phone number.
3. Wait until you receive an SMS with a 6-digit code.
4. Now, enter the code to approve your iPhone.
How to Fix iCloud Keychain Issue to Approve iPhone
Sometimes you might find keychain issues while approving iPhone. Turning off the iCloud Keychain on Mac and iPhone is important to fix the issue.
1. You should navigate to iCloud Keychain on your iPhone and select Approve With Security Code.
2. Go ahead to click on the Forgot Code button.
3. You shall follow the on-screen instructions to reset the code.
4. With this, iCloud Keychain is enabled.
5. Now, turn on the iCloud Keychain on Mac, and you will get a prompt on your phone.
How to Fix Can’t Approve This iPhone Waiting for Approval
You might find you Can’t approve this iPhone while waiting for an approval notification on your iPhone. It may not disappear, and you may not be able to approve your iPhone. In that case, download AnyFix on your Mac or Windows PC from its official website. It is a third-party software to fix the issue without any data loss.
1. Open the AnyFix software on your PC.
2. Go ahead to select the System Repair option.
3. Choose the 50+ iPhone Problems option.
4. On the next screen, select Standard Repair.
5. Now, click on the Download button.
6. Then, tap on the Fix Now button and allow the repair process to get completed.
7. Now, check if waiting for approval messages aren’t shown.
That was all about approving your iPhone or iPad from one another device or via verification code. Apple has set this as a security measure; thus, no unauthorized person can access your Apple ID. If you doubt your iPhone’s security, it is vital to check if or not an iPhone can be hacked.
You can do that by requesting a verification code sent to your phone number.
You can follow the same steps discussed for the iPhone to approve the iPad on iCloud.