Undoubtedly, MacBooks are very comfortable to use. However, Apple has released macOS Big Sur, which brings widgets to the Notification Center to make Mac more comfortable. Widgets look like a tile or a mini-app that gives you a glance at information, shortcuts for some features, and quick access to functions and controls. However, widgets are not new to Mac. Previously widgets were located in the dashboard, but now, you can find the widgets in the Notification Center itself with macOS Big Sur. Widgets on Mac look similar to the widgets on iOS 14 and iPadOS. And, it also comes in different sizes, so you can select the one you like. Adding widgets with macOS Big Sur on Mac is very easy. You can check out this space to know how to add widgets on Mac.
How to Add New Widgets on Mac
macOS has several widgets in the Notification Center like Calendar and Weather. If you want to know how to add widgets to Notification Center on Mac, you can add them from Apple or any third-party app. To do so,
1. Open the Notification Center on your Mac and scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
2. From there, tap the Edit Widgets button. (You can also right-click on any widget and select the Edit Widgets button).
3. Now, you will get to see the three-pane interface.
4. In the first pane, you will find the list of apps that support widgets.
5. In the middle pane, you can view the previews of the widgets.
6. In the third pane, you can select Small, Medium, and Larger sizes below the widget. After selecting the size, you can tap the + button to add it to the Notification Center.
7. Now, the widget gets added to the bottom of the widgets list.
8. If you want to add the widget in a particular place, you can drag and drop the widget to that place.
9. By doing the same procedures, you can add more widgets. Once you have added the widgets, tap on Done to close the Notification Center.
How to View Widgets on Mac
To view your widgets in macOS Big Sur, open the Notification Center and tap the Date or Time in the menu bar. Or swipe left with two fingers from the right edge of your trackpad.
Now, you will see all the notifications on the top, followed by your widgets. If you scroll, you will be able to see all the widgets.
How to Remove and Rearrange Widgets
macOS lets you remove and rearrange the widgets at any time.
To Rearrange Widgets
1. Launch the Notification Center and select the widget to rearrange and drag it.
2. Now, move the cursor where you want to move the widget.
3. Finally, release the cursor to place the widget in the new place.
You can remove the widgets in two ways on Mac.
1. The first method is to right-click on the widget you want to remove on the Notification Center and select the Remove Widget option.
2. The second way is to move to the bottom of the Notification Center and select the Edit Widgets tile.
3. Now, tap the – icon from the left corner of the widget and click Done to remove the widget.
How to Customize and Change the Size of a Widget on a Mac
You can customize or alter the widget size of your widget on macOS with the below steps.
1. On the Notification Center, right-click on a widget and select the Edit (widget) option.
2. Now, you can customize the widget as you like.
3. Once you have finished, tap on the Done button, and you can see the updated widget in the Notification Center.
To Change the Size
Changing the size of the widget is very easy. Just right-click a widget and select the size from the options.
That’s all about adding widgets on Mac. Widgets make you access the apps and important updates quickly from the Notification Center. Some of the best widgets for Mac include SmartTasks, Reeder 5, Airbuddy 2, Things 3, etc. You can choose any of them to alter the look and feel of your macOS. Hope this article has helped you to add widgets to your Mac effortlessly. You should visit our blog for more article updates, tips, and tricks related to Apple devices.