The Apple AirTag is a tracking device used to track your personal objects like keys, handbags, suitcases, and more. It is a small disc-shaped tracker that can be linked to your Apple ID from an iOS device and you can control the device with Apple’s Find My app. Further, the device works with a Bluetooth connection. AirTag looks good and has a sleek design and it is very simple to set up. With this device, you can quickly find misplaced items. And it comes with a replaceable CR2032 Lithium coin battery. Like every other electronic device, AirTag also runs out of battery. If the AirTag battery dies, you cannot track the current location of the device. Usually, the AirTag battery life lasts for about one year and it depends on your usage. You can easily change the AirTag battery as it is replaceable.
How to Check AirTag Battery Life
1. Launch the Find My app on your iPhone.
2. Go to Items and choose the AirTag to which you want to check the battery.
3. Now, you can see the battery in a filled bar under the AirTag’s name.
The information you see is not accurate. It shows you the battery percentage approximately. However, the Find My app will notify you when your AirTag battery goes low.
How to Change AirTag Battery
1. Press down the silver plate with your thumbs and rotate the AirTag clockwise.
2. Remove the silver plate and the battery from the AirTag.
3. Insert the new battery into the AirTag and make sure that the flat side faces you.
4. Now, place the silver plater on top.
5. Press hard on the silver plate and rotate the tag anti-clockwise.
6. Once done, you will be able to hear the chime, which confirms that you have replaced a new battery.
7. Then, you can start using your AirTag as usual.
Note: If you see a red battery bar after inserting the new one, you can try to reset your AirTag.
How to Maximize the AirTag Battery Life
You don’t find any battery-saving mode on your AirTag. However, you can increase the battery life by taking out the battery when AirTag is not in use. Or you can set a reminder to check AirTag battery every month.
That’s it. Now you can change the AirTag battery life easily with the steps given above. You can get a new battery from any E-commerce website like Amazon or Flipkart.
Related: How to use Find My iPhone.
Frequently Asked Questions
AirTag battery lasts for one complete year. But the actual battery life of your AirTag depends on how much you use it.
To replace the AirTag battery, remove the silver plate and take the old battery out and insert the new battery on the AirTag.
If your AirTag battery dies, you won’t be able to track the device’s current location.